New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Looking To Spice Up My S60

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking To Spice Up My S60

I drive a 2003 S60 2.4t like it's a 911 GT3. The fully stock setup is nothing to lament, but, as any car guy knows, it could always be better. For that reason, I signed up here.

My plan so far is to upgrade the wheels, tries, air intake, springs, ECU, turbo, shocks, and exhaust. Once that endeavor has been accomplished, I'd like to put in a blow off valve, Xenon kit, and body kit to top off the whole project.

Does anyone know of tuning for the S60 that will maximize the capabilities of the car without adding anything? My turbo doesn't kick in until the tac hits about 4500 RPMs and that just isn't working for me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

This is my intro, I'm sarcastic1 and I look forward to some constructive car talk.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarcastic1
I drive a 2003 S60 2.4t like it's a 911 GT3. The fully stock setup is nothing to lament, but, as any car guy knows, it could always be better. For that reason, I signed up here.

My plan so far is to upgrade the wheels, tries, air intake, springs, ECU, turbo, shocks, and exhaust. Once that endeavor has been accomplished, I'd like to put in a blow off valve, Xenon kit, and body kit to top off the whole project.

Does anyone know of tuning for the S60 that will maximize the capabilities of the car without adding anything? My turbo doesn't kick in until the tac hits about 4500 RPMs and that just isn't working for me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

This is my intro, I'm sarcastic1 and I look forward to some constructive car talk.
Welcome to the forum.

1. Currently your turbo is a 13g straight flanged turbo. Depending on how big you want to upgrade to... A 16T, 18T or 19T would be a good upgrade. Unless you want to go bigger then those. 18T and 19T turbos is bigger but they are not huge huge. But you might want to do some internal work when using them. The 16T wont need any internal upgrades, but a full turboback exhaust system would benefit the 16T upgrade.

2. IPD USA, RICA and BSR PPC are the three best ECU tuners on the market for Volvo. They are also the most expensive, but are also the most tested and researched and develpoped. SpeedTuning USA, Upsolute and Inmotion are three lower tier brands and they are a lot cheaper, but are not the best tune for our cars.

3. Your exhaust your going to want a full 3" turboback system to gain full potential. 3" mandrel bent downpipe to a 3" mandrel bent catback system with a free flowing straight through design muffer such as a BORLA or MAGNAFLOW.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

- A blow off valve is worth less on our cars. Even if your manual. If your automatic it will only go off when you let off your gas pedal. You'll run RICH for a split second every time it goes off. So unless you just want it for the sound don't get one. If you have to get one purchase an HKS SSQV and or TIAL.

- If you want HID's go to SharpHID.com they will hook you up. Plus they are not expensive at all. Under $200.

- Bodykits are hard to come by. This is one that I could find.
http://www.andysautosport.com/volvo/...me_dimensions/

And if you feel spendy you can go here...
http://www.realcar.se/servlet/us_pyr...2413065=en&p=H
Going to be expensive and then even more so with import fees.

Last edited by S70driver; 06-03-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a heads up on the HID's... I have dealt with both www.sharphid.com and www.ddmtuning.com .. they sell the exact same products so shop around for whatever options you are considering..

Old 06-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

SharpHID.com has many many many Volvo customers including myself and the customer service cannot be beat.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S70driver
SharpHID.com has many many many Volvo customers including myself and the customer service cannot be beat.

Agreed! SharpHID.com rocks!!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome.