New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New to forum - but strange problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum - but strange problems

I own a 2013 XC60 - but it has recently had some quirky issues - latest seems to be the KVM Keyless vehicle module - I took the car in for regular maintenance and told them at that time that the key FOB was no longer working. They replaced the battery but it still not work. They have now reprogrammed a brand new key FOB and neither one works. Keyless entry does not work and the only way to drive is put the key in slot. I can no longer lock the car and now have a quite costly second key that both work to drive but no locking car and keyless entry not working. They have told me it is the car not the keys - and I have appointment to drop it off for diagnostics next week and don’t know what to expect for repair. Any ideas on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Deborah Anne Hill-Hagger
I own a 2013 XC60 - but it has recently had some quirky issues - latest seems to be the KVM Keyless vehicle module - I took the car in for regular maintenance and told them at that time that the key FOB was no longer working. They replaced the battery but it still not work. They have now reprogrammed a brand new key FOB and neither one works. Keyless entry does not work and the only way to drive is put the key in slot. I can no longer lock the car and now have a quite costly second key that both work to drive but no locking car and keyless entry not working. They have told me it is the car not the keys - and I have appointment to drop it off for diagnostics next week and don’t know what to expect for repair. Any ideas on where to look would be greatly appreciated.
This gentleman below is on two other Volvo Forums and could potentially be on this one. He recently had help with his remote and I saw his post in both of those forums. The people in San Jose are exceptional at what they do and are very helpful. Could be in this forum also.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To add the my post. I have 3 remotes for the 2008 C30 T5 and only 1 has functioning buttons. The other 2 you have to use the small emergency key to open the door and then insert the large plastic end into the slot to start the car. In doing some research when I go the car over a year ago the remotes may not be salvageable. Again, the people in San Jose can probably be able to provide an answer to you issue which also seems to be the problem with my remotes.

Blessings,

BKM

Old 03-01-2020, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Received 487 Likes on 468 Posts

as with any remote key system you have 3 things in play 1) the FOB as a transmitter 2) the key's receiver inside the car 3) the software that pairs the key to the car. When you purchased the replacement fob, the shop assumes the receiver component inside the car is good so they simply pair the replacement fob to the car via their VIDA software system. Next step is for them to test out the car's keyless entry system modules (ie receiver, controller, antenna).