New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New member considering V60 Polestar

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2021, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member considering V60 Polestar

Hi, VolvoForum members. Glad to be with you. I've just joined because I am interested in buying a new V60 Polestar PHEV. One thing puzzles me: these seem so cool, yet so rare. Any thoughts about why these are not more popular?
This would be my first Volvo since my beloved P1800ES.
Also, where on the Forum am I likely to find items about this model?
Thanks.
Jeff

Old 09-25-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by JeffAZ
Hi, VolvoForum members. Glad to be with you. I've just joined because I am interested in buying a new V60 Polestar PHEV. One thing puzzles me: these seem so cool, yet so rare. Any thoughts about why these are not more popular?
This would be my first Volvo since my beloved P1800ES.
Also, where on the Forum am I likely to find items about this model?
Thanks.
Jeff
Jeff,

Great car. But, they are expensive as all heck.

I own one, but if I was just doing the math - no way. Many quicker better cheaper cars out there.

To buy one of these you have to believe in the following:
1. Volvo's are AWESOME
2. Limited electric range is great
3. My pocketbook is less important than my satisfaction in #1 and #2 above.

Shawn

Old 03-14-2023, 10:40 AM
Default Advice on V60 Polestar

Hi, I am new on this forum, but not new to Volvo. My previous car was a V70R that I loved, but it was getting too expensive to keep going at over 200k miles. I replaced that with a 2016 BMW 435 iX Gran Coupe. Great car, and very practical with hatch without looking like some ugly hatches. Considering replacing with a V60 Polestar, and I think the trunk on the S60 has too limited an opening for my use. I live in Vermont, so I think the newer 40 mile electric range is much more practical. (My wife drives a RAV4 Prime, 42 mile range, and a very impressive car.) I am about to sell my '74 Lotus Europa, and thought that getting rid of two cars might justify the expense. I usually try to buy CPO cars because of better price and good warranty, and willing to wait a while for a 2022-23 extended range to be available. But, my question is, how likely is that going to happen. I have only seen V60CC's on Volvo CPO list nationwide.
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
John

Old 03-21-2023, 03:57 AM

Welcome to the forum, Glad to be part of this big family, it's good! I hope you are too.

Old 05-29-2023, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by '74europa
Hi, I am new on this forum, but not new to Volvo. My previous car was a V70R that I loved, but it was getting too expensive to keep going at over 200k miles. I replaced that with a 2016 BMW 435 iX Gran Coupe. Great car, and very practical with hatch without looking like some ugly hatches. Considering replacing with a V60 Polestar, and I think the trunk on the S60 has too limited an opening for my use. I live in Vermont, so I think the newer 40 mile electric range is much more practical. (My wife drives a RAV4 Prime, 42 mile range, and a very impressive car.) I am about to sell my '74 Lotus Europa, and thought that getting rid of two cars might justify the expense. I usually try to buy CPO cars because of better price and good warranty, and willing to wait a while for a 2022-23 extended range to be available. But, my question is, how likely is that going to happen. I have only seen V60CC's on Volvo CPO list nationwide.
Thanks for any advice/suggestions.
John
These are very rare cars, and won't come up much. Most will be privately traded. The newer long range ones will be even more rare.

Advice?

Order one from a Volvo dealer if you really want one. It will let Volvo know there is some demand for these things.

Shawn