New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New Owner, '09 XC90 with 217K KMs

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Owner, '09 XC90 with 217K KMs

(Not sure of the protocol here, so going to cross post this as my intro. Original message in the XC90 sub forum).

Hello everyone. We just closed on an '09 XC90 with quite high mileage. It is a 3.2 AWD model, 7 passenger. It has most options, including BLIS. Not sure what else would be optional. Still learning.

It's a one owner truck with 217K KMs on it. Full service records. No accidents. Two sets of wheels/tires.

This is a bit of an experiment. We've had a number of BMWs prior to this and with a new dog in the family we wanted an SUV. My wife drove this and liked it so I did some initial research and we decided to take a chance on it.

The car had the coolant, brake and transmission fluid flushed 10K KMs ago, around 206K. We had the Volvo dealer (that we purchased from) change the oil, air filter, pollen filter and wiper blades as part of the deal. As well there was no record of the plugs being done so we had them do six plugs. We're adding fresh snows to it before we collect it on Friday.

I'm optimistic it will be a good truck for a long time to come, but also aware that we have one of the highest mileages I've seen noted here. That being said, it all happened in the first few years of ownership and it was in the dealership like clockwork to get the oil & filter and general maintenance done from the day the original owner took posssession so I'm quite confident it was well cared for.

We had hoped to add Bluetooth but the Volvo kit is no longer available and I'm hesistant to add a Grom but I'd welcome feedback. Other than that I think it has most of what we wanted, including winter mats to go with those extra winter wheels.

Anyone else have a high mileage XC90 of this vintage? Any new owner tips, tricks or preventative maintenance people recommend?

-Jeff