New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

new to Volvo

Old 12-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to Volvo

Hi guys,
I am Bjorn, a German guy, living in Italy.

Yesterday I bought a 2007 Volvo XC90, 3.2 ltr, US specs. Nice car and in a good shape - under Italian understanding. It is almost impossible to drive an SUV in Italy which has not any bumps or scratches. Thankfully only minor ones.

How do I came to Volvo? Well, quite easy, it was accidental. Four weeks ago my wife and I were hijacked at our home and besides a lot of stuff our both cars were stolen, too. Since then we have been looking for a "new" car.

Long story short. Last Friday we saw the Volvo the first time, met the previous owner on Saturday and yesterday we did the paperwork.

Great car, well equipped, which is easy to drive. My wife enjoys it, too. I hope the consumption will be not too high but I guess it mainly depends on my foot.

Does anyone know randomly what I have to note for the case I will go back to Germany and keep this car. How different are the specs between the US and Europe besides the dashboard (Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, mls instead of km...). I also realized that this car has apparently not a luminosity range control (hope, it is the right word). I think there is some work to do to get in on German streets with German plates.

Besides this I have to find out if there are threads about the high beam switch. It does not hold. Thus only flash works at the moment. And I also have to look for a thread about the timing belt. I have to know when it has to be changed.

I wish you all Merry Christmas.😊

Bjorn

Old 12-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I don't have the answers to your questions but maybe you can post in the XC90 section of the website. Also, check the owners manual.