New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New Volvo Salesperson (also new to Volvo itself)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Volvo Salesperson (also new to Volvo itself)

Hey everyone,

My name is Brent and I just started a new Job at Newmarket Volvo in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. I'm totally new to the Volvo scene in terms of, well, just about everything. I've been a car enthusiast as long as I can remember. I owned an M3 up until a month ago when my little brother decided to total it, and own a Pontiac G8 right now. I'm an active member in both the e46fanatics and the G8forums and have become really familiar with the whole forum thing. I honestly believe that forums are far more informative and protective of the consumer than any "stealership" service center.

In any case, I'm just here looking for guidance, information, horror stories, commendations, anything. What does everyone love about Volvo, what do they hate? I've only bee here two weeks and believe it or not the only car I've sold has a been a 2008 MB C300.

I love the new S60; the all wheel drive system puts the 4-matic and X-Drive to shame and I would dare to say its on par with Quattro. The car is fast! a sub 6 second car with a twinscroll turbo inline 6. It's just like driving my BMW. A ton of nice features that come standard too like the really soft leather, bluetooth, sunroof, two tone steering wheel, 6 speed auto, heated seats, etc.

The cars seem like fun (well other than the boring V50) but other wise I'm pretty green to the rest of the fleet.

I'm also new so if you guys know anyone in the area looking for a new Volvo send them down here, I have no idea what I'm doing so feel free to take advantage, I just want to learn the whole process and meet some real Volvo customers.

I side with most of you in terms of service, I always work on my cars myself (it always ends up costing a lot less then what service guys want you to believe). But out service guys here are pretty good, I haven't seen anything too bad and have mostly been great to the customers. I'll report anything back if I see something.

Newmarket Volvo is a small dealership in a small town that really does offer up a one on one experience giving people the attention they deserve that they may not get from one of the bigger guys closer to the city.

Well hopefully you guys don't see this as shameless promotion but rather just a guy like you reaching out to get a feel for the Volvo community, because it really does look like a lot of fun.

Thanks!

- Brent
bmorgan@newmarketvolvo.com

Last edited by NewmarketVolvo; 12-09-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Oh an also, I created a little Newmarket Volvo facebook page, if you guys get a chance check it out and tell me what sucks and what doesn't, if there's anything missing or if there's too much.

Thanks again!

- Brent

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...7789374?v=wall

Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Haha their that good? Every time a see a Volvo customer I ask them what they like about the cars and they all say the same thing! I've seen two people this week trade in their 850's for the new S60's, one lady nearly cried when we took her Red 850 away. I can't believe the devotion to these cars!