New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New to a Volvo V70 downunder

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to a Volvo V70 downunder

Hi,

We have just purchased a 1999 Volvo V70 to replace our Subaru Liberty (Legacy to you). Such a nice car this Volvo, albeit there are issues with electronics on this model - especially the Electronic Throttle Module (ETM) see post elsewhere in this Forum.

You are there and we are here, ie Canberra Australia.

Cheers ..... Nick

Old 09-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Default RE: New to a Volvo V70 downunder

Welcome Nick I, from a UK member.

You've kicked off a bit of a debate on the fuel price topic mate.....

Old 09-21-2005, 09:02 AM

Yep ! and rightly so. There's even more grist to the mill, ave a look

Cheers

Old 09-21-2005, 04:30 PM

Well said that man!!!

Boy did he hit a nerve. Boy did he have a nerve! As for the usual "I was talking complete b0II0(k$, so as I don't have a reasoned argument I'll just insult your country (typical, he couldn't even pick the right one!), get my facts completely wrong, talk about size/might is right (a psychologist would have a field day with his size obsession & btw, does he know how big Oz is, or indeed where Oz is), tell you what I earn (where the hell did that come from, as if anyone gives a +0$$) and write as if I'm shouting" stance he took - well I believe it strengthens the counter-views we have expressed.

Ron, if you're reading this - "whatever"[sm=smiley8.gif]

[sm=icon_cheers.gif] Nick I, [sm=thanx.gif] for the support. You'll be pleased to hear that I love Vegemite![sm=yikesomg.gif] & so do my kids.

Safe & happy motoring mate.

BB

Old 09-23-2005, 01:47 AM

Any time!

Would you believe our V70 died today. The motor stalled, turned itself off so to speak. It would restart and stall a few more times. I got it to a Volvo repair place just in time. No fault lights on the dash, but a fault has been registered on the V70 computer. I am now awaiting the result of further testing. Hope its not the dreaded ETM thing.

On the subject of "gas" again. Over here in Aussieland I have noticed that engine oil and other lubricants remain the same price. Hmmm ? does this suggest the oil companies are ripping us off on fuel only?

One of our major motoring organisations ran a fuel summit here yesterday. They are certain that the oil companies are ripping us off. Invited although absent were our federal government and the oil company reps.

Suddenly our PM Mr John Howard thinks that he needs to have a summit with the oil companies next week. On the table for discussion is oil company pricing and alternative fuels - namely Ethanol. There are some cars running around Aust with 85% Ethanol: 25% Petrol mix - on trial of course.

I look forward to the development of alternatives given, according to the energy experts, all oil reserves known, not known, capped or uncapped will run dry in 15 years.