New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New to Volvos

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Volvos

Hey there good peoples. I just purchased my first volvo. A 1994 850 wagon (non-turbo). I have been around cars all of my life and am always wary of letting anyone touch anything. Im sure you guys could take a few wild guesses and tell half the things I already need to fix. I have already had a bad experience with a Volvo "expert" repair place. Dont know why they came so highly recommended. Long story short, I took it to them to look the car over and tell me what needed fixed. Well they found some thing I hadn't, but not even as much as I had. The few parts that bothered me the most was being disrespected for reading about the car online and trying to educate myself. Along with them leaving the flywire uncovered and dangling underneath the hood....Right next to the coolant level sensor connector that was clearly not plugged into anything(and the expansion tank hose that was way more corroded than anything I had ever seen waiting to strand me.) But I digress. Im hoping this car works out. It had a lot of documented services and repairs at a local Volvo dealer in the last 50k or so. I have already lubed up the blower motor for now but there is plenty more to fix. Odometer gear, full tune up, right motor mount, shock mount, rear struts, hatch struts rear muffler hangers are all way rusty and gone. Oh I asked that expert shop if the exhaust was ok besides that. Because it sounds really loud when you start it up. I got a crazy sideways look so I let it go. So later on I find that the mid-pipe just pulls apart between the cat and muffler, thanks for that too experts. Ok, I'm going to stop complaining now. I like the look of the site and cant wait to get this thing all together.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum.