New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

S60 from New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S60 from New Zealand

Hey all.
Added a T5 to my growing fleet of cars. Its the most modern car I own actually. I have 10 (yes - really..) Morris Marina Mk3's, and a Mazda Luce (tank).
All of them survived the recent earthquakes (just..), but our home and workshop did not - so we are recently moved to new address after being homeless for 6 months. Its a whole new experience.! I don't advise you to try it.
Have browsed the forum a few times since buying the S60, and found lots of answers. Thanks for that. Getting my head around how many computers this thing has. Just because I fix them - doesn't mean I trust them..
Anyway - am enjoying my initiation into Volvo ownership, and so far - seem to be meeting the challenges.
There have been a few...
Chiz.
Kilroy

Old 09-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the Forum.

I know how you feel about computers. I am a systems admin for a medical company here in the states by day and trust me, I do not trust them either.

Basically, cars are now a network of computers instead of having one central computer. Personally, I think this is a bad idea but apparently, it is more reliable.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 AM

Cheers there fcp.
Interestingly, I just bought an oxygen sensor from you guys a few weeks ago
I have fitted it and was hoping the warning light might cancel itself - no such luck.
That was one of my first issues with the car - although I bought it knowing it needed one.
Second issue was with the front left suspension. Bad noises I thought indicated the shock absorber was worn out, turned out to be the top mounting where the bush had disintegrated - so that was a simpler fix.
That got the car sorted nicely enough to take a trip of several hundred miles - during which the brake booster began to get sucky.
I bought a manual - albeit a Haynes one - and that told me the bad news about having to lower the motor to get the booster out. Actually, its not as bad as it sounds (I hope..), and once its out the fun begins.!

Go well all.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Glad you choice us for your S60 parts and that everything worked out well with that.

Lowering the engine is not too bad, just be careful when you do it and make sure you disconnect everything that needs to be disconnected before you even try to lower the engine. Otherwise, you will find out how much that will stink if you miss something.