Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Every so often its nice....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Every so often its nice....

I have been on at least 3 other forums 2 of which i moderated. I have read alot of the articles in this forum, i havent found one yet so i dont know if this has been done recently. it seems like the guys like Tech, and JPN, and Redturbo850, and jimkw, and the other moderators and people, do alot and have the knowledge that has kept this board afloat.

As ive said before ive moderated a few boards so i think its imporant to recognize great selfless work when you see it.

I for one would like to extend my appreciation, ive learned alot about volvos just by reading the forums from these gear guru's. Friendly too.

dont take this as kissing up or anything cause i personally dispise that, but i think if anyone agrees with me we should, post something saying so, little known appreciation, let them know we appreciate what they do, cause they certainly dont get paid to do it.

soooooooo[sm=thanx.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=thanx.gif]k im done.

Edit: I forgot, if there is anyone who is responsible for admining the the actual forums, and not just content. Just an idea, on one of my forums i had a pinned thread at the top called, Who has your Props. Basically if anyone went above and beyond on the website or server, you could post your thank you or call attention to it. it was used alot. gave people a chance to be recognized. Just a thought.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Every so often its nice....

Tech is my hero. I'm having a full size bronze sculpture of him placed in my front yard. Hey, the neighborhood dogs need something to pee on.[8D]

Old 08-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Thats the spirit, come on guys and gals, post a few words. dont be shy.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:06 PM

Honestly, the knowledge I have doesn't even come close to some of these other guys.

I just know some stuff from having to fix my car/find out what's wrong so much (Is that a good thing?)

Old 08-15-2007, 12:46 AM

What can i say, i think i mostly post a thanks to people that
respond to my posts.
I follow up on posts with a final outcome.
I have even invited Tech over for a beer, i know Sydney, Australia is a long way away but the invitation still stands any time.
I appreciate people that help, i also like to help out where i can..

good luck

v70 2.4t

Old 08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I've mentioned a time or two how great this forum is... tech and others have been extremely helpful and have saved me many dollars in the few months that I've been a Volvo owner. For a short bit I was considering selling the Volvo and was thinking it'd be sad not have a legitimate reason to come on here frequently. I've also gotten a bunch of pointers that have helped when working on other makes of cars. I really like the fact that the site is mostly people who are more interested in general maintenance and fixes than "what can I do to make my car go faster than a Porsche?" I would really love it if there was a forum like this for my Mitsubishi Eclipse (probably one of the most modded cars around - especially after the release of Fast & Furious) - I can never get any useful repair tips from those forums.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What you talking about, making your Volvo faster than a Porsche? I had a 1980 Porsche 911SC for a few years, and my 94 850 Turbo and it ran neck and neck up to about 100 mph. I was driving the Porsche and my son was driving the Volvo and my Dad was riding with me. We both thought the other one was just playing and staying right next to him, but we were both floored.

If a curve would have come up the Porsche was going to win hands down. If we would have kept going to top speed, the Volvo would have won I believe, but never really found out. That Porsche had a scary feeling when you were going that fast. It felt great cornering at up to about 80 mph, but when it going to around 100 you felt like you really didn't have good control of the car.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't say "Volvo"; I said "my car." As in other forums where people take a cheap car and try to do what they can to make it competitive.. I'm not saying any names or calling out anything specific - just a general feeling I've gotten when searching through many automobile specific websites.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks to everyone that helps out here.
I just like to share what I know and help like I really never got when I needed it.

But that is all done now.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Just new here.. But I would like to thank JPN already. He's the first one to welcome me here.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, SteelKnight. Very much appreciated.

>Tech is my hero. I'm having a full size bronze sculpture of him placed in my front yard. Hey, the neighborhood dogs need something to pee on.[8D]

Where are you getting it? I want one too. But peeing on it should be avoided & highly discouraged[8D].

>Just new here.. But I would like to thank JPN already. He's the first one to welcome me here.
My life has been full of spit-in-my-face & let downs, and I hate to see others going through the same thing. It's like a battle against unscrupulousness. As someone said somewhere in a book, "It doesn't cost anything to be nice"

Thanks for your thanks, I really appreciate your reply.

JPN