Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Full-Time Employment!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Full-Time Employment!!!

I've been home for 25 years, I wonder when the kids will leave?

Old 02-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

UPDATE

I wont be getting benefits. The company told them not to fill the position. However they can offer me a Temporary Full-Time position making the same amount of money and hours but just no benefits.

Ok sounds like bad news and it is. I really need the benefits. But I will still be making more money as a Temporary Full-Time employee there then I am currently in my Part-Time job.

Basically I am a freelancer for them.

On a side note they are trying to get the company to let them fill the position like it was before with benefits which is great. Also a couple people might be leaving in the up coming months and then I could be moved into one of those positions which is good.

So the bright side of it all is that I will still be making the same salary and hours and that I might be able to move into a position when someone leaves in a couple months.

The bad news is I wont get any benefits until someone leaves and I am moved to their position or the company lets them fill the position I was hired for.

Oh well.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:36 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I pay $1,236.00 per month for Blue Cross/Shield for my wife and I. Benefits of health, vacation, sick days, and retirement in some instances doubles the wages of employees. Today industry is beginning to foist some of these items back on the employee so you will find some hesitation on the part of an employer to offer the "old fashioned" menu of benefits.

r.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I finally got word on the position and background check i was waiting for too! Got the offer and gave my 2 weeks notice yesterday. i lucked out for sure, better benefits and a pension with this new place!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: S70driver

UPDATE

I wont be getting benefits. The company told them not to fill the position. However they can offer me a Temporary Full-Time position making the same amount of money and hours but just no benefits.

Ok sounds like bad news and it is. I really need the benefits. But I will still be making more money as a Temporary Full-Time employee there then I am currently in my Part-Time job.

Basically I am a freelancer for them.

On a side note they are trying to get the company to let them fill the position like it was before with benefits which is great. Also a couple people might be leaving in the up coming months and then I could be moved into one of those positions which is good.

So the bright side of it all is that I will still be making the same salary and hours and that I might be able to move into a position when someone leaves in a couple months.

The bad news is I wont get any benefits until someone leaves and I am moved to their position or the company lets them fill the position I was hired for.

Oh well.

I was in my 50's and in the exact same boat you are with a wife and we NEEDED health insurance. What I ended up doing was getting some very high deductable inurance from Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield. It was still over $500 a month, but it didn't pay anything at all until I hit like a $2500 deductable. In other words all Dr. visits and prescriptions were totally on me, but if anything major happened like a hospitalization the insurance kicked in and paid 100%. To have the same coverage as I hadbefore being laid off would have cost me about $1300 a month and this was about five years ago.

Never forget when Bill Clinton was President his wife was in charge of Health Care Reform. She sure did a hell of a job didn't she? Says she will take care of it this time around though, if elected.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM

I have insurances now, they are just really exspensive a month.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:59 PM

Wow, $1300.00 a month....did i get that right...
Thats hefty to say the least...
When i was covered with health insurance my total family cover
was like $200.00 per month, that was for the top cover...
I don't have health insurance anymore...
Health care & hospitals in Australia is free for the most part, they ask you when you go to hospital if you have private cover, if you say yes you pay....if you say no you don't?? ....you can choose private but to be quite honest they are just about the same..
My son had a allergy test last week, i paid out $340 for the test, went with my receipt to the medicare office and got $340 back..

good luck
v70 2.4t

Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 AM

Hi v70 2.4t,

You heard it right, as our experience is quite similar. I was laid off at the end of October here in Detroit. The COBRA paperwork showed up a short time later, and for us to continue my existing coverage with the health care provider Blue Cross / Blue Shield, our monthly co-payquoted at $1,078.00, and this is for two relatively healthy non-smoking adults, no other dependants!

Its fortunate that my wife also works, and we transferred to her company's health insurance policy, otherwise we would have been up the creek without a paddle.

COBRA is a good acronym to describe the snakes in the health care system here in the states, lol! [:'(] Personally I feel the health care providers (doctors, nurses, etc.) do a great job, but the administrators and insurance companies have things so screwed up that changes will have to be forced, much as I hate to say it.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:01 AM

I got benefits now!!! Back on track.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:10 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well done.

JPN

Old 02-28-2008, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: JPN

Well done.

JPN
Thank you.

Plus I got my tax return today in the mail!!! I got some money now, but have to save it.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear everything is settled. Maybe, Now you can afford an emblem for your grill. LOL

Old 02-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Save your money? No way. There has to be some aftermarket or upgrade part out there just seductively whispering your name over and over. Come on, give in to the seduction.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: jks2

Save your money? No way. There has to be some aftermarket or upgrade part out there just seductively whispering your name over and over. Come on, give in to the seduction.
There is a ton of parts I want, but don't need.

I'm done modding my car. If anything I would love to demod it and sell it and get something else.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:28 PM

I start my new job tomorrow!!!