Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

holiday fun in

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holiday fun in

Went on a short holiday in the amazon, 2 tents - 3 adults - stove - food the whole lot - 300 mile round trip on around 50 litres of fuel.
we spent a few days around Avebury and Silbury hill, some of the finest neolithic landscapes in the world - 30 miles from stonehenge. major crop circle area[sm=alien.gif], loads to see, been twice and still only scratched the surface.

I'm well chuffed ,150 miles of motorway @ 60/65 mph used no oil or water - and thats with a slow drip cos the bottom hose solder has gone on the rad!
Had to stop twice in the rain cos the road vanished! NOT the wipers but thunderstorms
A great test for my screen cos i just resealed it - used to get wet legs in rainy driving ......... if you have a leaky screen get ALL the old sealant out first then put loads of it, push the nozzle in as far as you can 'till it squeezes out the sides smooth it all out and job done!

been anywhere nice in yours? love to here about it

Old 08-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: holiday fun in

been from Atlanta Geogia to St. Paul Minnesota 6 times in my brick......twice in a Taurus (yuck!) and once in cavalier. Personaly, the 240 made the trip a lot smoother than my other two cars did. We used to take the 240 up to the cabin in Wisconsin all the time....and make out in the back with the seat down at the drive in...thank the Sweeds for a seven foot long compartment eh! lol....you can get a twin sized materess in the back of them wagons!