Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

I will be away the next 4 to 5 days!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Administrator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Default I will be away the next 4 to 5 days!

Sadly tomorrow night I have to drive to Myrtle Beach from Orlando.
The wifes mother is very sick and may not make it through tonight.
So I will not be on here till atleast Tuesday or Wednesday.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sucks man.

Take your time! Hope all will be well.

Besafe

Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Thank You!!!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Sorry to have to add this now but my Mother in law has passed away.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My prayers are with you and your family. Sorry to hear this news.

Have a safe trip.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 PM

Sorry to hear that!!my condolences....mega

Old 01-15-2010, 04:35 AM

Oh man!..........Serious? My Condolences to you and your fam. If you need anything, you know how to get a hold of me

Old 01-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry to hear about your lost. My prayers are with you and your family.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. I also, will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Thanks everyone!!
The entire trip was a nightmare all the way up to coming home and being harassed buy the Georgia Sheriff's office on the way home on the side of I-95 for an hour.

But both of the cars did great the entire trip!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 AM

They are jerks, They always harass us in the power trucks going down to FL on storm restoration.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Well I was only driving on my way home. I was near mile marker 50 something. I saw them sitting there from like a mile away because they had the side bar lights on.

So I made sure I was going like 2 miles or so under the speed limit. I wanted to make sure I was good because like every speedo is off by a few.

Then I got a little bit past them and about 5 minutes later I see the lights come on.
I pull over to the side of the road and wait for him to walk up. He comes up to the passenger side of the car and I have the window rolled down before he gets there.
He says he is pulling me over for my window tint and tag frame. I have a Nascar frame on there and it covers the county I live in in Florida.

He proceeds to ask me to step out of the car after I give him my License. We walk to the back of the car where he drills me for info. Also he measures the back door window and says my tint is at 2% and asks how I can see out of it. I can see clearly out of it and have no problems. He says he does not know how I can because he has 5% and cannot see out of his.

Also he is trying to confuse me with questions he is asking. Also he keeps asking me if the kids in the car are mine.(WTF)

Then next thing I notice I see a SUV pull up behind the other 2 cars that are already there. Another officer gets out and them he takes the Dog out of the SUV.

I see the officer walk the dog around my car checking it. When he gets to the drivers side the dog hits on something and jumps up on the drivers side door. Then he walks away and puts the dog back in the SUV and pulls away.

The officer that was talking to me asks me to stand in front of his car and to stay there.
He walks back to my car and wakes all 3 of my kids up in the back seat and asks them to get out of the car. He also gets my brother inlaw out of the front passenger seat.

Then he asks me for permission to search my car. I agree since I know I have nothing in the car.

He proceeds to look under the seats and glovebox and every little hole he can see in.
Then he goes around to the drivers side and does the same. Then I start hearing some popping noise. He is pulling the drivers side B-pillar off and searching in there. He continues searching the back seat and trunk. In the end he finds nothing like I know he wound not. At this time the kids are sitting there freezing their a**es off.

He then hands me a written warning for the tag frame only and says drive safe going home and walks away.

I got the kids and brother inlaw back in the car and proceeded on my way.

The next day I am looking and the B-pillar panel is only half way on and there is a scratch on the drivers side door from where the dog jumped up on the door.

Now I am wondering a few things here.

Do I get an estimate for the scratch and sent it to the Sheriff's office asking for payment to fix it? Especially since they did not find anything in my car and the dog hit on something that was not there?

Also I wonder how Georgia cops can pull me over in their state and say my car is illegal to drive through their state when it is a Florida car which has different laws than Georgia.

If I had a Georgia Reg it would not bother me at all. But I am a Florida resident and it is a Florida reg on the car.

I think he was just trying to give me a hard time.

I mean come one if I was going to carry anything illegal at all I would not use a car that stands out like a sore thumb. I would use a car that blends in and has no red flags at all.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all condolences on your loss.

Sounds like the cops were a real jerks. My bet is there is probably not much you can do about it either. I can honestly say I've never had a copy hassle me unnecessarily. But I've never been stopped in Ga. either.

I got a ticket once when I was driving from Va to Pittsburgh because I got a call that my Mother had been rushed to the hospital. I told the cop that's why I was going so fast. He gave me a ticket anyway, but was actually pretty decent about it and wished me well.

Be curious to see if you have any recourse.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:42 PM

I will ask a guy at work, his wife is a NC state trooper. I know that in NC they stop any fast suspicious cars, do to the fact that I95 is a major drug route to the north east. I have even been pulled by them, pulling the horse trailer for the suspicion of cargo. They are way out of line about the kids though.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:49 PM

I forgot to add, that I do not know how somthngfrce made it to VA without getting thrown in the pokey.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:28 PM

First of all, "TECH" got profiled for someone that might be running drugs up and down the seaboard by a cop.. There is no recourse as the officer might have "probable cause". Also the cops can argue that the scratch was already there and since it wasn't brought up at the time, it was too late. I know since I have a few friends that are "pigs"...lol... Second of all, when I drive up to Va., I normally am driving a big Sprinter Van with the Sea World logo all over it since I am driving for work, so the cops usually follow us to the truck stops and take pictures but don't pull us over...

Old 01-24-2010, 05:13 PM

Well up in my face!!! Do you wear your wet suit when you drive the big Sea World Sprinter van?

Old 01-24-2010, 06:36 PM

lmao.......No wet suits

Old 01-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Man, Sorry to hear that the cops gave you a hard time. EVERYTIME I pull my Yellow R in the state of NC I get pulled over.

The 1st one threatened to have me thrown in Jail for passing through the state.

Another one followed me for 10 miles before pulling me over. Had me back at his car while questioning me and wife seperately, actually accused me of being un-employed. At that point I started asking him questions which got him off my back pretty quick. Checked my tint and told me that I was out of Arkansas regs. I asked him if he had anything better to do, and also asked why he could have dark tint and everyone else in the freekin world could not. His reponse was because he was law enforcement. So I told him that it was ok for me to buy him low tint but not me???

I did find out a couple of things while visiting family in NC. 1. There is a young guy in the Raleigh that races a Yellow R all over the streets. 2. There was a guy that actually was running drugs with a Yellow R, out running the police and everything. I met the guy that purchase that Yellow R from an FBI seizure auction.

Bottom line is that the Yellow R with dark wheels does draw a little attention, especially with street racing kids all around. But they don't usually drive OUT OF STATE PLATES. Once they see that you are not a kid with boze in the car, they should move on.

I'm almost afraid to drive the Yellow R out of town now. My wife is sick and usually don't know where we are going or where we have been. It would be easy for her to FAIL a all of their questions and have us at the police station calling a lawyer.

Bottom line is, I believe they should be held responsible for ANY DAMAGE done to your car. I belive the law says that they can take the car apart and NOT put it back together. But scratches should be paid for by them. I would call the main office and ask if they would pay for the damage that the dog did. If they say no, check with an attorney. When you call the sherrif's office about the damage, express to them that you have a rare car that is now damage.

It's sad that ego maniac cops make a real tough situation harder with stupidity.

Last edited by rspi; 01-24-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: addition