Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

A Kid Hit My 960 And Ran...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about the accident.

That is no fun. Keep your chin up though, like you are. I'm glad to hear you are taking care of it right away. Nice 960 one way or another!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Ok, I got my 960 back a few weeks ago. It looks pretty good. Here are the before & after pics of the golf cart damage.

These guys did an incredible job on the golf cart damage. The repairs on the damage that my daughter did was pretty good as well. The estimate at the dealer for the damage that my daughter did was about $4,700. The golf cart damage estimate was $1,570. I was able to get it all done for about $2,700. There were a couple of small things that they did not do but it really was no big deal.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks awesome. Good as new. The 960's are really starting to grow on me, I think I would love one for a daily driver one day, I love the tan interior with the red-ish wood trim, it's just so classy.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Administrator
Default Tips for having body damage repaired...

Here are a few tips to getting your car repaired at a good price and getting good results.

As you may have noticed in the pics above, the repair place I took my car to did a good job but there were a few small things that did not come out the way I wanted it to. Here is what was not what I expected:
  1. The rear bumper trim was not replaced (they painted it).
  2. The lower edge of the rear bumper was painted when it should have been tapped off and left grey.
  3. The hood was not adjusted forward like I needed them to. It's about 1/4" to far back from the accident.
  4. The front edge of the hood has a dime size ding in it from the accident.
  5. The front bumper was not painted. Has a welp in it from the accident.
The shop I went to is awsome. They do a lot of insurance work, newer cars, Lexus', BMW's, Honda's, Benz's, etc.. Here is what happened...
  • ALWAYS GET A WRITTEN ESTIMATE AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING YOU WANT FIXED IS ON IT: I did not get a written estimate. I told them everything I needed done and they gave me a price. But when they fixed the car 3 months later they forgot a few things I requested.
  • IF YOU WANT TO GOOD PRICE, TELL THEM YOU ARE PAYING CASH: My car was paid for so when I went to get the initial estimate, I took my daugher with me. I explained that she caused the damage so she was going to be involved in the process. Since they were not getting paid by an insurance company they gave me a better price.
  • ASK THEM HOW SOON THEY WILL START WORK ON THE CAR AND HOW SOON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT BACK: I made a mistake in this section. Since we had 1 to many cars, I told them they could take all the time they needed to get the work done. I reminded them of this situation each time I stopped by and checked on the car. The problem with this was;
    A) As time went by, they forgot that I wanted certain things done.
    B) Then they started feeling bad for having the car so long.
    C) A repair shop enviorment is not a good place to have a car sitting around. I got some over spray on the car.
    D) They had a few things torn apart so long, the forgot how it went back together.
    E) I think they started to confuse not needing the car back soon with I did not need the quality that they usually put out.
    F) Things got tight with my business and I started to dip into the money I had set aside for the repair bill. YIKES!
    Get the car in and out as soon as possible. It will help both of you out.
  • TO SAVE A FEW $$$, YOU MAY WANT TO GET A FEW PARTS YOURSELF: I actually went and got my own bumper, tail light, and roof liner clips to save time and money.
  • WHEN YOU PICK THE CAR UP, MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAN: If the car is not clean, you may not know if it has paint overspray. I spent 2 hours cleaning the outside of my windows. They buffed the paint to make it smooth but did not clean the glass. You may also want to run your hand across the surface of the car to make sure it has been buffed. It should be smooth as glass. If it feels dirty, they may not have done a final buffing.
I may have missed a thing or two but for the most part that should help you out. As explained, the shop I used is awsome, but giving them to much time to get the job done hurt me a little. They knocked a little off the price because they did not paint the front bumper and missed that ding on the front of the hood but over all I got a real good deal. I will deffinately use them again, just have to clean up a few loose ends.

Last edited by rspi; 11-15-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Administrator
Default The Classy 960

Originally Posted by gilber33
That looks awesome. Good as new. The 960's are really starting to grow on me, I think I would love one for a daily driver one day, I love the tan interior with the red-ish wood trim, it's just so classy.
Thanks! I really like our 960. This car is very smooth and it can run with the big dogs. It takes a little while to get there, compared to the 850 R or the S70 GLT, but it's not bad. I'll post a few more pics of it. It's a really clean car. I'm starting to see them for under 4k now.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome write up too! I'll definitely have to keep that in mind when it comes to some aspects of my wagon.

Post some pics of the interior!