Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Ouch! No you didn't...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Angry Ouch! No you didn't...

I was sitting in my car Tuesday waiting for my wife to come out of the resturant (I'm going to try to make this short) and a lady pulled beside me and man did she get close to hitting my T-5R. Then she proceeded to hit my car with her door. Ouch, did she just knock one of my tooth fillings loose. She steped out and noticed me sitting in my car, poked her face into the window opening and said, excuse me, my door got away from me but nothing happened, have a nice day. Then turned and walked away. For a second or two I checked to see if the filling was just loose or if it fell completely out... just loose. So I step out of my car and see this nice ding in my rear door so I stoped her by yelling across the parking lot.

She returned to my car insisting that she did no damage. I had her open her door to match the damage and then she decided to belittle the dent, which of course pissed me off. When I explained that I didn't purchase a car for her to dent she side stepped me with a statement about her dad dying with cancer in the next step (she looked to be in her 60's). So I trumpped that with a statement about my wife being ill (I should of told her that I lost my dad when I was 3, heck, she's had many years to enjoy her day). So this went on for a few minutes and I asked her point blank if she was going to commit to pay for the damage or did I need to call the police. She finally conceeded and gave me her name and number. I verified her name on her drivers license and let her go.

Into the resturant she went just to return in a couple of minutes to inform me that she had changed her mind and she wasn't going to pay for anything because the resturant manager told her that their parking lot was private property and the police would not get involved in the incident. Since she wasn't legally liable to do anything, she wouldn't. Of all the nerve. I grabbed my phone and was about to call my insurance company and the police, in my hesitation I decided to ask her a question (so much for the short version), so I asked "If I were by your house and broke a window, would you expect me to pay for it?" She responded that she probably would not know who did it. So I repeated the question, this time she answered that she would likely contact her insturance company. So I asked the direct question again and she side stepped it again. I then asked if she were a politician because they could not answer direct questions. After going back a forth and she whinning about me questioning her "character" (as if I had any question about that), she finally gave in again but insisted that I'd give her a written estimate. Somewhere in that 3rd encounter she actually asked me what I was doing sitting in the parking lot anyway. So I asked if she'd rather I wasn't in my car so she could walk away from the damage she had done. SMH

Off she went only for me to follow. Once inside the resturant the manager quickly found something else to do other than face me. After taking a bite out of 2 of the resturant employee's (trying to smoke out the manager) and the owner I finally paid my wife's tab and left. I told the owner to get a grip on his employee's and let them know that "they are NOT to give legal counsel to his customers reguarding damaging vehicles in their parking lot".

I got an estimate from Dent Doctors for $92.32. Will someone please spread the news that you can ding all the cars in the parking lot that you want until you get caught... That one you'll have to pay for. Heck, if she wasn't just plan crazy I wouldn't even have said anything and let her go. Hopefully she wont make me take her to small claims court over this.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I detest these thoughtless people. I've actually thought about what I would do in that situation. Plan A is to open a door of my car and slam it hard into her car making a larger dent. Then drive off.

There's probably a smarter and more effective way to handle this situation. I don't know what it is.

Last edited by migbro; 07-19-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make like u r tieing your shoes & remove a valve stem from a tire!

Old 07-21-2012, 05:49 PM

Rspi you handled that very well, much better than I would have done.

Das why I double park most times. Funny when i'm sitting in the car and see other cars backing in and out trying to line themselves up with me AND trying to line up in the spot...

I await them coming up to my window for me to explain why I park like that...

Last edited by Vmax; 07-21-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: i
Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by migbro
I detest these thoughtless people. I've actually thought about what I would do in that situation. Plan A is to open a door of my car and slam it hard into her car making a larger dent. Then drive off.

There's probably a smarter and more effective way to handle this situation. I don't know what it is.
I think I would break a window and pray for rain. I mean after all the police won't get involved because of the private property and stuff. I had a south of the border hit my parked car in a parking lot once. Tried to leave but other people stopped him. No I.D., no D.L. and no insurance. Cops wouldn't come because of the location. I finally got so mad at the situation that I threw his keys and cell phone on the roof of the store. Then chased him around trying to beat the crap outta him with a 6 cell mag light.

Not my proudest moment.

Curryman

Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RSPI, you showed more restraint than most of us would!! Hope you actually get something out of her. Sorry but can't stand folks who have no respect for other peoples' property. Banging up her car would not have done anything since she obviously doesn't give a sh** about it.

Now you went and jogged my memory about a similar event that happened to me years ago. Sitting at a red stop light, two lanes going my direction, I'm in left lane. Guy (old timer; think he half blind) pulls along side me in right lane. Light changes to green; we both pull out; me straight, he turns left into me (how he could not see me I have no clue) and bashes in my rt front fender.

Not a big deal I figure; we pull over, exchange info, I mention I will be contacting his insurance company. BTW this was in MI, a no-fault state (at the time, not sure if it still is); this means all I can legally get out of him was $400 damages (called mini-tort i think). At this point he gets all huffy and demands we get a police report. I figure whatever, so I call and get a cop to come over; he writes a report and actually cites the guy as being at fault for the accident (bonus points for me I figure..) and writes him a ticket.

So day or so later I contact his ins agent; he tells me client is not admitting fault and I will have to take him to court. I says OK, see you in court.. Was all bluff; day before the court appearance i get a call from the agent, sending me a ck.. All this BS for $400!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 AM

You handled this much better than Lois.

I hate it when people are like that. It's really not that hard to hold onto a door. Just don't be a careless imbecile.

Last edited by Rockin' Kat; 08-01-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Love the video. Just how it played out in my mind.

@ GDog, a few months ago my daughter was ran off the road by an older lady. I always told here (since she ran my 960 in a ditch and totaled it) to never leave the road without contact. That will only leave you in the ditch and the other person, maybe feeling bad but home free. So she came back on the road only to be hit by the lady. Police were called, reports filed, insurance company called after the police report was received. A day or so later the older lady did not remember being in an accident and denied it. If it were not for the police report they insurance company would NOT have paid. I'm affraid that dementia and altzheimers will all but clear our streets.

So, no word from the nice moral lady yet. I'll give her another week before I start my process of taking her butt to Judge Judy. See you guys on NBC.

Oh, @ VMax: Love the quote. LOL

Last edited by rspi; 08-01-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: add
Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rockin' Kat
You handled this much better than Lois.

Duel at the Mall - YouTube

I hate it when people are like that. It's really not that hard to hold onto a door. Just don't be a careless imbecile.
Man, Lois rocks!! Thanks for the clip Kat because apparently I missed that episode; esp like the Christmas music playing in the background!

That was such a great show! Used to watch it with my son (who was about Malcolm's age, at the time) every week. Jeez, why aren't they in reruns yet?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Funny. I've never watched the show but I did look up to see it on the TV once. It was the one where they were camping or something and Malcome was trying to read in the car.

My all time favorite show is My Name Is Earl. Laugh out loud funny.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by rspi
My all time favorite show is My Name Is Earl. Laugh out loud funny.
I lost track; did he ever finish his list?

Old 08-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Administrator

No, they fell apart and didn't film the next season. The list was organic.

The lady called me a few minutes ago acting as if she didn't understand my message about her making arrangements to get my car fixed. Then she started explaining why she wasn't going to fix it. Telling me that she couldn't deal with it right now because her dad just died. I politely told her that she could contact me in a few weeks if she would like. Then she said she wasn't going to do anything because she said I was rude and just wanted money. So I told her that I would see her in court.

I'm not playing with this crazy lady. After that she started saying that $93 was to much. "Look lady, people charge money to fix dents on cars." I told her that she could find another shop to do it. I'm sorry that her dad has passed. It must have been nice to have her dad in her life for 60 years. I lost my dad when I was 3.

Last edited by rspi; 08-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Crazy lady called again this morning. Said she spoke to her attorney and someone else (maybe her brother). They told her that she shouldn't do anything because all I was after was money. Told me to get it fixed and send her the receipt (like she would pay it then). After insulting me and my intelligence a few more times she said that she would pay the company direct. SMH

Old 08-13-2012, 03:25 AM

No problem. Take vehicle to shop were you want repaired. Get good estimate. Send her copy of estimate. When she pays shop for estimate, repair vehicle!

Old 08-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Administrator

That's the plan. I sent her the statement 2 weeks ago.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:33 PM

wow this story is quite interesting, and if you dont mind me asking how did you procure your t5r?

Old 08-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Trolling the internet both times.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:57 PM

Genius!