Official Sponsor Sales & Group Buys Look for products for sale from our great official site sponsors here.

Poor service by FCP Groton

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor service by FCP Groton

placed an order yesterday and paid with paypal,Groton says they have yet to be paid.and i need the part this weekend.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:04 AM

I just called them now it's paid only because i called them!(they sat on the payment for 24 hours)They don't know when it will ship.do they always give service this poor?

Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I have never had poor service from them.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:33 PM

They finnaly shipped it out Late today.instead of getting it by saturday (when needed most)i wont get it til next week.Also they don't reply to my emails about it.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You placed the order yesturday, what time of day?

When did you email them? how long did you wait for a reply? most places dont reply till the next day.

Unless someone was a complete dick over the phone, then this is not poor service

Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by TIPSP
You placed the order yesturday, what time of day?

When did you email them? how long did you wait for a reply? most places dont reply till the next day.

Unless someone was a complete dick over the phone, then this is not poor service

10:30 am wensday
10:30 pm wensday
and yes the guy i talked was snoty with me about how they got the payment wensday but did not know it til i called on thrusday.said he was too busy to check for order payments.

ordered my wheel hub on ebay and it was shipped with in a few hours, paid also by pay pal.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had little problem with their costumer service too, instead of working with me on the problem they emailed me their return policy. Part was wort only $28 (air intake hose) so I kept it but moved my business to IPD and spent $ 600 since. If they were nicer I would stay with them because before this they were OK and still better than eeuroparts.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor

I am not sure who you talked to, but if you have any problems in the future please call our sales manager directly at 877.634.0063 extension 206 (Mike Rivera). He will be happy to assist you with anything you need.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by fcpgroton
I am not sure who you talked to, but if you have any problems in the future please call our sales manager directly at 877.634.0063 extension 206 (Mike Rivera). He will be happy to assist you with anything you need.
mike does not answer.Why would I buy from you again?ishould have had this part on friday or saturday now i wont get it til monday.I need it this weekend!!!!!

note 48 hours after you were paid the part is still sittin in WATERFORD, CT.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:01 AM

That is the guy I was talking to. On the scale 1-5 I would give to him 2 in costumer service which is still passing grade but to keep your business you should be 5 all the time.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Former Sponsor

I know for a fact that he is around his desk all day answering the phone, you could have caught him when he was already on the line? I am not sure. Have you ever left a message and it hasn't been returned?

These are serious concerns, and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I am relaying all of this feedback to (higher up) management for review.

EDIT: What is your phone number? Please PM it to me and we will call you personally. Thank you.

Last edited by fcpgroton; 10-16-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 AM

Just talked to Mike,no way I can get the part til monday.He is willing to send another ball joint free to help make up for the trouble,but i still can't fix it this weekend.I have to return the car I've been useing this week and drive to work on the expressway for a week with a ball joint that may fail.

48 hours after ordering the wheel hub it was being delivered,48 hours after ordering the ball joint it is still sitting in waterford,ct.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ScottyJ
Just talked to Mike,no way I can get the part til monday.He is willing to send another ball joint free to help make up for the trouble,but i still can't fix it this weekend.I have to return the car I've been useing this week and drive to work on the expressway for a week with a ball joint that may fail.

48 hours after ordering the wheel hub it was being delivered,48 hours after ordering the ball joint it is still sitting in waterford,ct.
Just reviewed the situation. Appears as though Paypal failed to electronically notify us for the payment that was received on the 14th, therefore we didn't even see the payment until the 15th. As soon as we received the payment, we applied it to the order and shipped it out. Although it is no excuse, this was a failure on Paypal's part. The order was shipped out and on the truck within 24 hours of receiving the payment.

I apologize for the any inconveniences - it was surely not intentional.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by fcpgroton
Just reviewed the situation. Appears as though Paypal failed to electronically notify us for the payment that was received on the 14th, therefore we didn't even see the payment until the 15th. As soon as we received the payment, we applied it to the order and shipped it out. Although it is no excuse, this was a failure on Paypal's part. The order was shipped out and on the truck within 24 hours of receiving the payment.

I apologize for the any inconveniences - it was surely not intentional.
Paypal claims they paid it on the 14.ok can't change it now.send the other ball joint and I'll just have to trust to luck that i can drive to work for one week with a bad one.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:00 PM

I have ordered from them and always on time! I think sometimes we think the internet is so trustworthy but at the end of the day, it's not as reliable as we think...............I too have had issues with paypal, that's' why I always call fcpgroton instead of ordering online.....

Old 10-16-2009, 05:51 PM

Yeah, internet could be tricky. Their orders were on time for me. But my problem was that their "replacement" part that they claimed "All of our parts meet and or exceed the rigorous standards set forth by the vehicle manufacturers", didn't fit and had to be returned. That is another week of wait, time I didn't have. So to avoid these problems I recommend to order OEM parts instead of "replacement" and call them before you place order to check details( shipping, delivery fitments etc.)

Old 10-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I missed the whole paypal thing. I didn't realize you paid through paypal.
honestly, that is not a good choice for payments. just saying. I have noticed that paypal has some bad lag times.

hope your parts get to you soon! good luck!

Old 10-16-2009, 10:02 PM

11:00 pm friday and the part is still in waterford,ct.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:29 AM

ok i am choosing to chime in on this stuff going back and forth.

i have spent hundreds of dollars in several different orders from FCP. Every-time they have been very prompt with shipping the order out. their service is outstanding compared to most places out there selling you parts.

as far as their part quality goes, yes it does say that it was tested etc etc. but dont complain if you can get a sway bar link for $14 when it is $45 from volvo, or $40 from autozone. and truth be told, the aftermarket one that fcp sells is basically the same damn part that you could go and buy at autozone.

ScottyJ - i know how it goes when you need to get parts fast due to time, safety, and transportation situations. as we all know technology isnt perfect, and sometimes it does fail us. this is nether your fualt OR FCP's fualt. as for the time constraint, im sorry but you should of planed to have more time between working on your car, and ordering the part, you cant expect to order a part on the 14th, and have it by saturday to install on your car (unless you overnight the part). things like processing, order pending, and shipping all take time. it is not unreasonable for processing to take a day to complete, thats how long it takes from amazon, buy.com, pricepoint, newegg, car-parts, and almost every other place on the net. if you needed the part by this weekend, you should of got it in town (and usually that will even take them a day to get it btw). as for you complaining about it still being in waterford, ct; at least its on its way and you will get it in due time, shipping takes time; maybe you should try yelling at ups, its prolly their fualt.

personally i feel that you have not gone about your situation the right ways, and that you brought this one upon your self. if i had to guess you weren't the nicest person when you called FCP asking where your part was. give respect to get respect dude.

thats enough with my rant towards ScottyJ.

as for FCP, i feel that FCP has gone about it in the right directions, and was very nice to offer a free ball joint, thats a nice deal. FCP has been a great supporter of these forums, other forums, and the volvo community. lets not change that.

me being a customer of FCP i would like to say that fcp is a great company, and is one of the only stickers i will ever put on my car. i think that there is alot of other people out there that would agree with me. if you have not yet bought any parts from FCP, dont let this situation shy you away from them. they are a great company with excellent service.

Last edited by 850tony; 10-17-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by 850tony
ok i am choosing to chime in on this stuff going back and forth.

i have spent hundreds of dollars in several different orders from FCP. Every-time they have been very prompt with shipping the order out. their service is outstanding compared to most places out there selling you parts.

as far as their part quality goes, yes it does say that it was tested etc etc. but dont complain if you can get a sway bar link for $14 when it is $45 from volvo, or $40 from autozone. and truth be told, the aftermarket one that fcp sells is basically the same damn part that you could go and buy at autozone.

ScottyJ - i know how it goes when you need to get parts fast due to time, safety, and transportation situations. as we all know technology isnt perfect, and sometimes it does fail us. this is nether your fualt OR FCP's fualt. as for the time constraint, im sorry but you should of planed to have more time between working on your car, and ordering the part, you cant expect to order a part on the 14th, and have it by saturday to install on your car (unless you overnight the part). things like processing, order pending, and shipping all take time. it is not unreasonable for processing to take a day to complete, thats how long it takes from amazon, buy.com, pricepoint, newegg, car-parts, and almost every other place on the net. if you needed the part by this weekend, you should of got it in town (and usually that will even take them a day to get it btw). as for you complaining about it still being in waterford, ct; at least its on its way and you will get it in due time, shipping takes time; maybe you should try yelling at ups, its prolly their fualt.

personally i feel that you have not gone about your situation the right ways, and that you brought this one upon your self. if i had to guess you weren't the nicest person when you called FCP asking where your part was. give respect to get respect dude.

thats enough with my rant towards ScottyJ.

as for FCP, i feel that FCP has gone about it in the right directions, and was very nice to offer a free ball joint, thats a nice deal. FCP has been a great supporter of these forums, other forums, and the volvo community. lets not change that.

me being a customer of FCP i would like to say that fcp is a great company, and is one of the only stickers i will ever put on my car. i think that there is alot of other people out there that would agree with me. if you have not yet bought any parts from FCP, dont let this situation shy you away from them. they are a great company with excellent service.

no one has the part in stock or can get any sooner not even the volvo dealers.If it had been shipped the day it was paid for I would have it now.
Everything else I have ordered online was shipped the same day it was ordered and paid for.When I called groton on the 15 i was told that they got the payment on the 14,but did not enter it in to the system until i called on the 15, because "we do not have time to confirm payments".That was the point where i stopped being nice.The second ball joint would be nice but,I have yet to see even the first.At least I'll be able to replace the bad wheel hub today.oh by the way Groton(mike) told me that the fastest it could ship was 2 day express mail(overnight was not an option).

Quick Reply: Poor service by FCP Groton