Official Sponsor Sales & Group Buys Look for products for sale from our great official site sponsors here.

Poor service by FCP Groton

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 850tony
ok i am choosing to chime in on this stuff going back and forth.

i have spent hundreds of dollars in several different orders from FCP. Every-time they have been very prompt with shipping the order out. their service is outstanding compared to most places out there selling you parts.

as far as their part quality goes, yes it does say that it was tested etc etc. but dont complain if you can get a sway bar link for $14 when it is $45 from volvo, or $40 from autozone. and truth be told, the aftermarket one that fcp sells is basically the same damn part that you could go and buy at autozone.

ScottyJ - i know how it goes when you need to get parts fast due to time, safety, and transportation situations. as we all know technology isnt perfect, and sometimes it does fail us. this is nether your fualt OR FCP's fualt. as for the time constraint, im sorry but you should of planed to have more time between working on your car, and ordering the part, you cant expect to order a part on the 14th, and have it by saturday to install on your car (unless you overnight the part). things like processing, order pending, and shipping all take time. it is not unreasonable for processing to take a day to complete, thats how long it takes from amazon, buy.com, pricepoint, newegg, car-parts, and almost every other place on the net. if you needed the part by this weekend, you should of got it in town (and usually that will even take them a day to get it btw). as for you complaining about it still being in waterford, ct; at least its on its way and you will get it in due time, shipping takes time; maybe you should try yelling at ups, its prolly their fualt.

personally i feel that you have not gone about your situation the right ways, and that you brought this one upon your self. if i had to guess you weren't the nicest person when you called FCP asking where your part was. give respect to get respect dude.

thats enough with my rant towards ScottyJ.

as for FCP, i feel that FCP has gone about it in the right directions, and was very nice to offer a free ball joint, thats a nice deal. FCP has been a great supporter of these forums, other forums, and the volvo community. lets not change that.

me being a customer of FCP i would like to say that fcp is a great company, and is one of the only stickers i will ever put on my car. i think that there is alot of other people out there that would agree with me. if you have not yet bought any parts from FCP, dont let this situation shy you away from them. they are a great company with excellent service.
x2

Everyone just needs to take a chill pill. I've personally never ordered anything from FCP, but I order things on the net nearly weekly.

Things take time to get done, end of story.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the kind words, guys.

Unfortunately for online retailers like ourselves, there are many factors that play a collective role in the timing of our parts availability. Everything from constantly changing UPS policies and restrictions, to payment gateway issues, to order processing systems syncing up with all of the other systems, to a box falling off a truck -- can impair our image.

You could order something we stock at 1:30pm, be two states away, and get it at 8am the next day.

You could order something on a Wednesday that we can get in 12 hours then ship, get 2-day shipping on it, have one small hiccup, and not receive the part until Monday at 4:30pm.

These are both very possible situations, and I have personally experienced the same thing with other companies all over the internet.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

FCP is a great company with great customer service.

I ordered long time ago E-code headlights and turn signals. I received them promptly and the one headlight lens was all broken to pieces.

I called FCP, they told to me to send them pictures... I did and they promptly replaced the lens with a new one and it was at my door step within a few days.

Most places wouldn't do that. They'd say it was the shippers problem. Not FCP, they went above an beyond what most places would have done.

Oh yes and I wasn't charged for the new one or the shipping for it either...

Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 AM

^^^ one of the many reason i buy from them

Old 10-20-2009, 11:09 AM

Ok, I too will now have to step in and chime on this! Let me reiterate that one can never fully trust the interweb! If I need a part ASAP with the car down, then of course we all know the stealership is there with open arms waiting to suck on your wallet like a leech in a swamp. They CAN have parts ordered overnight IF and only IF the part is sitting in at the district parts warehouse or better yet on their inventory! If you go there OR call and order before 1pm, then it is more than likely it will be on a truck that night. Now somewhere in there an employee can mess up the order and by mistake and not get there. When I ran a dealership, I had issues with both clients and employees not placing the order at the parts counter. Also like stated before, once the part is on the truck, then the "torch" is passed to the truck driver at UPS, USPS or FEDEX.... If the truck carrying the part hits traffic, then that part might be delayed! The fault then is off the company you ordered from and the transport service is the one held liable. If you ordered from paypal, and their server is down and one isn't aware OR for some reason your router is slow then whom is at fault? There are so many links to this circle, most people are not aware. Ultimately there are people behind these tasks and as we all know, no one is perfect. If someone knows a perfect person, then let me know. I DO NOT work for FCP nor am I affiliated with them, but they are a Great company! I will always continue to order from them as I would rather wait than pay a stealer or get subpar parts from a local parts house! FYI, FCP groton does carry Volvo oem Blue Box parts, which the parts stores do NOT carry! At the end of the day, they did right by offering you a free part. They didn't necessarily have to. Let's all move on past this. No company out there is perfect and we all know that people make mistakes! So let's drop the whole back and forth and go and help someone like a newbie or a member whom needs the help with their car instead........................................... .........

Old 10-20-2009, 01:22 PM

Ok, guys you made me belive that I was wrong. So could you please help me to install this part on my car? I posted this on 6/26/09 https://volvoforums.com/forum/showth...ghlight=intake

Old 10-21-2009, 11:56 AM

got the ball joint monday,no word yet on the second one.I have almost no play in the one on the car so, it should hold up til I can change it.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 PM

sweet plan. those ball joints can get VERY bad before they blow out. i had one that was scary as hell, and when i took it off it was still solid. damn sweeds lol.

as for the shipping, placing the order on wed, getting it on monday. thats less than a 7 day turn around and shippment. that doesnt seem to bad to me at all..... just my opinion.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by fcpgroton
I know for a fact that he is around his desk all day answering the phone, you could have caught him when he was already on the line? I am not sure. Have you ever left a message and it hasn't been returned?

These are serious concerns, and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I am relaying all of this feedback to (higher up) management for review.

EDIT: What is your phone number? Please PM it to me and we will call you personally. Thank you.

Still waiting for your phone call and the other ball joint.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:12 AM

Good luck waiting........
It looked so good on paper(screen).........

Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 AM

Email this guy.... He essentially runs the place, scottd@fcpgroton.com but please be nice about it since I am supplying the email!

Old 11-06-2009, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Somthngfrce
Email this guy.... He essentially runs the place, scottd@fcpgroton.com but please be nice about it since I am supplying the email!
Don't worry I'm done with them,I'll buy the other parts I need elswhere.As all can see FCP Groton has nothing else to say on this and still has not called or sent me a PM.