Piston Problem Volvo Penta D6 310a - Page 2 - Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

Penta Discuss Volvo Penta Marine Machines Within.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:15 AM

Default D6 350 problems on 1 and 6 piston

[QUOTE=teico;276683]I've tested injectors and they were 100% Ok, due to Bosch. All relevant ingeneers and inspectors I've contacted said Volvo should give us a correct answer as probably they know what is going on here. Why pistons 1 and 6? Why no alert before or durring it happens? To me it happens just 3 hours after regular maintenance service at very raugh sea. We almost sank! I skupe really Like to prevent others and myself to happen again!/QUOTE]
Old 06-17-2011, 04:32 AM

Default Piston problem D6 350 (1 and 6)

I have problems with pistons 1 and 6. Engine is 2006, and has 480 hours.To me it happens 3 hours after regular maintenance service. I've checked injectors at Bosch service (they said they are 100% OK) and made few colsuntings with renomate engineers and different Volvo services in Europe. They all expect Volvo should help and correct the cause of this problem. The only answer from Volvo was that engine is no longer under warranty! Does anybody get any answer or solution to this problem?
Old 11-24-2011, 03:42 PM

Is it possible to share photos of engine from 4 side(front,rear,port and starboard) before dismount the engine? We may see something.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:53 AM

Default Same problem

Hi,

It seems that i have now this same problem. Without any notice my starboard engine blew. The VP service will take the engine out next week and I will got more details after that.

I talked with the previous owner of the boat and back in 2007 the same motor had a total breakdown. He was not 100% shure and VP-service never told the exact reason for the breakdown. But they thought it was the injectors. But anyway they changed the block, head, injectors etc. The engine was tested in dyno and everything was ok. The engine has been maintained every year By VP. After this the engine has done little bit more then 230 hours. And now again....

The rebuilt was 39K and it lasted for 230 hours. I would rather not spend 40K for 230 hours....

So my question how did VP solve this. Did you have any more problems after you had it rebuilt? Did Volvo have any comments to this?

Read about engines in norway and VP blamed the Diesel for this. But what seems strange is that the port engine has never had a problem but this has happened 2 times to the starboard engine????

Old 06-05-2015, 09:48 AM

Are the D6-310 Volvo Penta diesel engine able to be re-sleeved? Or how are they rebuilt if there are piston problems? Walls scored badly.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:53 AM

It seems that Volvo's D4 or D6 problems with injectors will have started in Norway but ... in 2016 it also arrived in Portugal.

In 2016 a D6-370 with 600 hours, started having difficulty starting until he died completely. The Volvo representative concluded that of the 6 injectors there were 3 that were damaged. According to the opinion of Volvo's representative, only the 3 damaged nozzles were replaced and ... in August 2018, without any alarm or warning, at least one of the pistons was broken !!! All the maintenance provided in the Volvo maintenance manual has been carried out and I am waiting for a justification by Volvo for the occurrence of 2016 and what is now happening.

If anyone is aware of any liability already assumed by Volvo for these situations, I appreciate the collaboration.