For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

Tool Adapter for 850/960/S70/V70/S90 Serpentine Belt Tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Robert, I need one too. I will PM you.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tool adapter

Im sorry but im new. How can I order one?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:29 AM

I would like to purchase one of your adapters. My contact information is listed below
m.nmcclernon5767@gmail.com

Please send me an e mail with directions for how to purchase one of your adapters.
Thank you

Old 05-12-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by rspi
Serpentine belt tensioner adapter and holder, $9.50 (each additional kit $6.50). I have more than 10 available.

Fits the tensioner for the following vehicles:
- 850 = '94 - '97
- 960, S/V90's = '95 - '98 (maybe earlier models as well).
- S/V70's = '98

TOOL KIT:

TENSIONER:

I kinda got tired to fumbling with my plumbing adapter when taking my serpentine belt tensioner loose, dropping it down into the motor, slipping pipe wrench, etc.. So I decided to get something easy for me and didn't want to pay $30 plus shipping for the proper tool.

Well, the size was not standard so it was a little challenging. Long story short, it was a little expensive to get just one made so I thought if I had several of them made I could share them (and a little of the cost) with others. So here you have it, a small kit to take your belt tensioner loose and pin it retracted. A few of them cost me way to much but hopefully a few of you guys can use something small for your box (or 2) that you can toss in your pocket if you'd like.

It's solid steel so it should last forever. If you need one, I'll give you a 100 year warranty. The screw fits perfectly as well, leaves a little out so it's easy to remove with your fingers.

Part plus shipping will be $9.00 (A lot cheaper than $30 plus shipping). That will cover the parts, package, shipping, and give me couple of $$$ to offset my bulk cost. If you want one or two of them (or more) please pm me. Each additional set will be $6.50. Please purchase a few.

Solid steel stud that will fit in the serpentine tersioner hole and leave enough out to put a wrench on. Once set in, it will not fall out. It's a good fit.
Can I still get one of your serpentine belt tool kits? Just about ready to change my timing belt,etc., on a 1992 Volvo 960.

Bob Pellow
Parksville, Canada

Old 07-04-2019, 01:08 PM

Serpentine belt tensioner adapter and holder, $9.50 (each additional kit $6.50). I have more than 10 available.

- 850 = '94 - '97
- S/V70's = '98

TOOL KIT:

TENSIONER:

I kinda got tired to fumbling with my plumbing adapter when taking my serpentine belt tensioner loose, dropping it down into the motor, slipping pipe wrench, etc.. So I decided to get something easy for me and didn't want to pay $30 plus shipping for the proper tool.

Well, the size was not standard so it was a little challenging. Long story short, it was a little expensive to get just one made so I thought if I had several of them made I could share them (and a little of the cost) with others. So here you have it, a small kit to take your belt tensioner loose and pin it retracted. A few of them cost me way to much but hopefully a few of you guys can use something small for your box (or 2) that you can toss in your pocket if you'd like.

It's solid steel so it should last forever. If you need one, I'll give you a 100 year warranty. The screw fits perfectly as well, leaves a little out so it's easy to remove with your fingers.

Part plus shipping will be $9.00 (A lot cheaper than $30 plus shipping). That will cover the parts, package, shipping, and give me couple of $$$ to offset my bulk cost. If you want one or two of them (or more) please pm me. Each additional set will be $6.50. Please purchase a few.

Solid steel stud that will fit in the serpentine tersioner hole and leave enough out to put a wrench on. Once set in, it will not fall out. It's a good fit.
Hi I would like to purchase one how do I do that

Old 10-06-2019, 01:36 PM

These things still around ?
I'd absolutely love to get one..
(really don't wanna have to go make one myself)

Old 10-07-2019, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 487 Likes on 468 Posts

where are you located? I have the IPD tool from my old 850 (with the 1/2inch square block for the tensioner) that I can sell for a fair price (sold the car, no need for the special tool). PM me if interested.

Old 05-13-2021, 04:35 PM
Default I need this tool

- 850 = '94 - '97
- S/V70's = '98

TOOL KIT:

TENSIONER:

I need this tool

Old 05-14-2021, 10:00 AM
Default I need this tool

- 850 = '94 - '97
- S/V70's = '98

TOOL KIT:

TENSIONER:

Email me the info so I can order. lamontbourne@yahoo.com