For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

02 S60 For Sale, Hail Damaged

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 02 S60 For Sale, Hail Damaged

Well the insurance company wants to total our S60 because of hail damage. Mechanically and every way else it is in good shape, just has hail damage to all the body panels. The majority of it is the hood and the trunk, with slightly less on the top. The fenders and doors suffered the least amount of damage but they did get hit a few times. The hail was about ping pong ball size so the dents aren't very deep, theres just too many for the insurance company to fix.

Therefore it's for sale. The car has 113K on the odometer. The timing belt was changed at around 75K, maybe a little later. Has new TCM. Only other big ticket repair was the evaporator for the AC.

Exterior: Other than hail damage body is in good shape with no rust. Windows are tinted (Kentucky Legal %). Has practically brand new Riken Raptor tires (made by Michelin). Wheels are 17" Canistos that came off a C70. There is a spare wheel with a small bend that could be repaired. Color is Arctic White. One front end collision before we bought it. Was repaired by Volvo dealer in Lexington KY.

Interior: Carpets in good shape, mats good. No stains. Rear seat and passenger seat are in very good shape. One area of drivers seat needs new leather (where my butt rubs when I get in and out of car. AC, Cruise, radio, CD, etc. all work. Color is tan.

Mechanical: As stated before new TCM and timing chain. K & N Airfilter. No mechanical problems and we've owned it since 4/26/2006. Had 44K when we bought it. It is the 2.4 I5 NA.

Might need some rear shocks soon as I'm getting a rattling sound when going over things like railroad tracks. CEL on, small evap leak that mechanic says will not hurt to drive car, just that the evap system is not within spec.

We are asking $4000.00. The NADA Book value is $7350. Found used white hood and trunk on ebay that you could pick up for under $1K, if you were interested in replacing those parts. By the way, the body shop said that is what they would do.

So, if you need a dependable Volvo and don't mind a few, well more than a few dings, PM me. The car is located in Elizabethtown, Kentucky.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sold!