For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

Rare 2002 C70 Coupe - Blk/Blk w/Aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare 2002 C70 Coupe - Blk/Blk w/Aluminum

Hello,

I have a 2002 C70 Coupe for sale. 135k on the odometer. I have most of the service records (all the big ones) and the original window sticker.

I have never seen a car like mine. That is saying something considering I live in a very populated place. I ran the numbers and it appears that the car is one of less than a thousand delivered in this color and configuration. The aluminum interior is from the factory and it looks great. 2002 was the first year where the stability control was standard.

The Dynaudio system is still one of the best out there. This car has the mid-level system. The interior looks way better without the extra speaker on the dash, and the sound quality is VERY good.

This is a VERY strong running car. This is a safe car (it is a Volvo), but it has the high pressure turbo system designed to help make the convertible feel sporty. This car weighs a considerable amount less than the convertible. It is very powerful and I would hesitate to put it in the hands of a 16 year old kid. There are not a ton of numbers out there, but I've seen one like mine run mid-low 14's in the quarter mile with a horrible 60' time. This car has the gearing to make some "sports cars" look foolish from 25-75 mph.

I have receipts for the following performed in the last 1-2 years:

- New Timing kit (tensioner replaced as well)
- New water pump
- New tie rod ends / bushings
- New Tires (Continental Extreme Contact DWS - Best on TireRack.com)
- New radiator and hoses
- More small items...

I will add up the numbers, but there is 3-4k in maintenance there.

Upgrades:

- The front headlights and corner lights have been upgraded to the "jewel" style that Volvo offered after the 2002 model year. It is far cleaner and more modern. These parts were ~750 from the dealer.

- IPD transmission and upper engine mounts were installed when the old ones needed replacement. These are the urethane mounts. Not the super-stiff ones, the lower models.

- The factory "Propus" 2-piece BBS wheels have had the center section removed and powder coated black. Stock center caps are black and look great. Slight road rash on one of the rim sections. Overall good condition.

- The gauge rings have been added from IPD as well as the door trim pieces for the locking pegs.

Disclosures: I am very passionate about cars, and this one is no exception. There have been a few items that I have lagged on due to my career and other cars taking priority over my daily driver. Here is the full and truthful disclosure -

- The car had a minor accident on the Driver's front quarter panel. All pieces replaced with OEM parts.

- Slight damage to the trunk lid. See pictures.

- Superficial damage to the rear bumper cover. From afar it isn't noticeable. Easily painted for very cheap.

- The driver side engine mount is ready to be replaced. I don't notice it unless I'm in stop-and-go traffic or the car is really hot. When the car has some weight in it or when it is cool I don't notice it. I'm pretty picky. This is a cheap part and can be done with a jack and jack stands in 1-2 hours with a breaker bar and some elbow grease. here is a link:

Motor mount, right side, Volvo S70, replacement instructions

- Leather could use some conditioning.

- Trunk carpet needs a good shampoo

- There are small scratches here and there. I give the paint a 6-7. I consider it above average given the age of the car.

- The driver's side door latch requires a bit of muscle. I don't notice it, but people have mentioned it.

The passenger door latch was replaced about 3 years ago and the shop never quite hung the interior door panel right. It is something I notice, but most do not.

The car is located in Orange County, CA.

KBB says it is worth 3750-4710

NADA says clean trade-in is 3850, and clean retail is at 6250.

I'm asking 4600 or best offer. I know this car isn't perfect, but considering the tasteful upgrades, rarity and how much maintenance has gone into the car in the last 2 years, I believe this to be fair.

Before someone low-***** me regarding the items I disclosed: The total cost to have these professionally repaired would be about 3-400 dollars. I can fix them for less than a 200 dollars. Be reasonable, and I will.

I bought the car when it had 30k miles, and the only problems I have had was an alternator failure at about 80k miles and a cracked radiator a few months ago. No electrical demons to speak of. I am the second owner. The first owner was an older gentleman.

Attached Thumbnails Rare 2002 C70 Coupe - Blk/Blk w/Aluminum-p1010411.jpg   Rare 2002 C70 Coupe - Blk/Blk w/Aluminum-p1010404.jpg   Rare 2002 C70 Coupe - Blk/Blk w/Aluminum-p1010406.jpg   Rare 2002 C70 Coupe - Blk/Blk w/Aluminum-p1010414.jpg   Rare 2002 C70 Coupe - Blk/Blk w/Aluminum-p1010405.jpg