945 Electric window fault

Old 03-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Default 945 Electric window fault

Hey guys, i've found similar posts on this topic and used the advice given but now i'm stuck.

Passenger window goes down only but not up if operated from the passenger side switch, nothing at all from the passenger master switch on the drivers side. Firstly I put power and earth to pins 1 and 2 below and the window goes up and down no problem. I also swapped around all switches to rule out them being at fault. Any ideas? I believe i'm looking for a broken wire although not sure which, I have checked the plugs in the footwells and the looms near the door hinges for breakage.

Any help here is super appreciated!

Old 03-12-2019, 06:29 PM

My passenger door did the same thing. And I didn't see any obvious breaks in the wiring. Used my volt meter to test for continuity in the power wire leading from the master switch to the door switch and there was none. Stripped a little insulation off that wire where it enters the body and checked from that point to the door and it was connected. So I just spliced in a short wire from the master switch to inside the body and it worked. I guess 20 years of opening and closing that door thousands of times broke the wire internally but not the insulation.

Last edited by Moetheshmoe; 03-12-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Moetheshmoe View Post
My passenger door did the same thing. And I didn't see any obvious breaks in the wiring. Used my volt meter to test for continuity in the power wire leading from the master switch to the door switch and there was none. Stripped a little insulation off that wire where it enters the body and checked from that point to the door and it was connected. So I just spliced in a short wire from the master switch to inside the body and it worked. I guess 20 years of opening and closing that door thousands of times broke the wire internally but not the insulation.
Thanks for the reply, seems as though could be the same issue here, was thinking I may have to do a bodge on it!