Air sound i think is vacuum leak.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air sound i think is vacuum leak.

Attached is a image i gotten off google. the air sound i think i hear (hard to hear over my loud exhaust) is where the read arrows are. I did the spray engine cleaner around the area i circled. It revved up and so i pulled it and found a crack. I duct taped it and saw to improvement at all my car still bounces between 500 rpms and 1200 like a yo yo short bursts. I still hear the air like under that area tho where the arrows are. Can anyone tell me what I am dealing with or point me in the area of a place with a diagram with all the hose and names.

Attached Thumbnails Air sound i think is vacuum leak.-volvo-940-engine-7.jpg  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:12 PM
no mo volvo
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

240's changed so damn often with minor engineering mods that I've never seen a complete set of hose diagrams that are accurate for all of them.

one arrow is pointing to the #1 cylinder fuel injector, next arrow is polnting to the fuel rail, and the circle is the fuel pressure regulator. what exactly did you tape ?

duct tape is a lousy fix for a vacuum leak, anyways.

the vacuum hose on the fuel pressure regulator modulates the fuel pressure according to intake vacuum... high vacuum, less fuel pressure, low vacuum, more fuel pressure.

underneath the intake manifolds, is the idle air control valve.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pierce
240's changed so damn often with minor engineering mods that I've never seen a complete set of hose diagrams that are accurate for all of them.

one arrow is pointing to the #1 cylinder fuel injector, next arrow is polnting to the fuel rail, and the circle is the fuel pressure regulator. what exactly did you tape ?

duct tape is a lousy fix for a vacuum leak, anyways.

the vacuum hose on the fuel pressure regulator modulates the fuel pressure according to intake vacuum... high vacuum, less fuel pressure, low vacuum, more fuel pressure.

underneath the intake manifolds, is the idle air control valve.
will take a pic of my actual engine tomorrow. I feel like most those rubber lines need to be replaced I just don't know where to buy them all. There is so many.

At lights i have to have one one foot on the brake and one on the gas and keep it well use to be 1k but now I have to keep it at 1500 to keep it from going up and down.

Old 01-26-2017, 02:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most all those hoses that ain't molded can be replaced with hoses bought off the shelf at most any local auto parts store. Prestone brand was what I bought at oreillys... sold in 2-3 feet packs...cut them to fit what you need.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:18 PM
no mo volvo
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

a good parts store has rolls of the various size hoses, so you buy as many feet as you think you need. note its all metric hose, and the american inch sized stuff may not fit that great, so if you can find a foreign auto parts store you'll likely find better fitting hosing. stuff I used was goodyear and continental brand.