Blue smoke - I may have the answer!! (6-month old post)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Blue smoke - I may have the answer!! (6-month old post)

I had the blue smoke problem with my 940 for two years and tried all the things I have found on these forums with no success. Each contributor I read had a turbocharged engine, and most were 850s. I found what I believe to be the solution yesterday without really understanding why it worked. Here it is:

Between the shaft housing and the turbine housing there is a very good clip rather like a certain type of exhaust clamp which holds the two together. This was not loose but there was room for further tightening. A small amount of oil was being shot out when you rev up. I went on tightening it until the oil leak stopped and then did about another half turn. It felt like I might strip the thread if I went any further so I stopped.

Since then no blue smoke! Have tried to simulate the circumstances in which it was occurring and failed to produce any. What a relief! No big bill.

I'm in UK. I want a rear nearside door and rear quarter panel if cheap - and if not I will repair what i've got. Colour code may be 418 - 12 (maroon pearl) but if not I will find out how they do them.

Yours

Poff