Blueprint B200FT

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 03:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blueprint B200FT

Hi.

Anybody knows where I can get my hands on a blueprint for a B200FT engine?

Old 03-01-2015, 04:55 AM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

asking for drawings of the engine?

what are you trying to do?

There are plenty of drawings in manuals.

They can be scanned and traced.

Someone might have a modeled engine already, but not on this site. maybe these: www.turbobricks.com, forum.turboperformanceclub.com/

Old 03-01-2015, 02:30 PM

The engine is leaking oil everywhere so I will open it up and put in new gaskets and packing boxes.

Old 03-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Got Boost?

oh. do you know the spot or spots it is leaking from?

Grab some engine cleaner and then check where it is leaking from.

place it could leak, distributor area, valve cover and seals in the head, oil cap. crank case box area, head gasket could be leaking (very unlikely but possible), oil seals on the crank shaft/ intermediate shaft seal, oil pan seal. oil filter could leak.

Another possibility is the head is cracked and leaking or the block is cracked and leaking. the head is more likely to crack over the block, but still, we are talking extreme cases here.

Edit, kjet.org has the green books for the 240s.

Last edited by TIPSP; 03-01-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:30 PM
no mo volvo
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

I would clean the engine with some degreaser, and put some UV dye in your oil (they sell dye's specifically for this), drive a few miles, then park in a dark shady spot and use a UV light to see where its oozing from. my bet is the camshaft seal.

Old 03-02-2015, 02:52 AM

I think it is leaking from multipel places, among them the camshaft seal, but also the filter. The engine is really grease, but sa You say the best is to clean it and se if we can spot the leaks.
I also think this is good practice for my 15 year old son to take apart an engine and put it together again. My father did this with me when I was a kid and I really learnd a lot. I have not done this for a while though so I think a blueprint or something similar would be nice. But first things first, we will coninue cleaning and searching
Thanks agan for all the advice.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 AM
no mo volvo

volvo red block bottom ends (crankshaft, pistons, block, etc) hardly ever need rebuilding, under almost any sane circumstances at most the head needs a new gasket or maybe a valve job, and then usually only at ridiculously high miles. taking a engine apart just to see whats inside? meh. if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

an oil leak at that front camshaft seal will cover the whole engine in oil in short order as it blows back in the wind while driving. I did once have the oil return line from a turbo leak where it went into the block, this was due to the washer in their disintegrating.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:04 AM

That's the problem with Volvo engines, they never breake down . I think we found the spots now, oil filter (of course) and camshaft so maybye we don't have to take it apart.
Thanks again

Old 03-03-2015, 08:19 PM
no mo volvo

for sure service the crankcase ventilation, which consists of an oil seperator box on the side of the block under the intake manifold, some plastic plumbing, and a 'flame trap' that you clean or replace, and hoses to vent the waste back into the intake. when this stuff gets clogged up, the engine blows seals.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Got Boost?

If you are tired of the plastic Volvo crank case boxes. Then you should look into this.
Yoshifab.com - B230 -10 AN crank case vent

I ordered a whole kit with catch can and cant wait to get rid of that stupid stock Crank case setup.