Engine Swap issues HELP needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Swap issues HELP needed

FIGURED IT OUT GUYS, I had the wire to the starter from the ignition (yellow/blue) on the wrong terminal. Runs like a champ now. Now I need to figure out why the BAR gauge is pegging, any ideas. Mike

Hi

I'm new to the forum and have an 84 240DL and a parts 86 240DL that had a good motor which my son and I swapped when the engine finally decided to retire. The 86 motor was professionally rebuild a year before we bought it after the PO ran into another car. The swap went well with only minor differences in the wiring harness, the 84 had a two lead oil sending unit and the wires on the 86 that went to the water temp yellow, the starter, yellow and blue, the oil sending unit and the alternator all were rewired due to the wires breaking down.

The issue we are having is that while we have power to the ignition and lights radio fan motor, we have no power to the starter, no fuel pump and none of the idiot lights for the battery, oil, the normal lights that come up when turning the ignition is turned come on. Any suggestions on this, I've gone over it and I'm thinking that the connection on the yellow and blue wire may not be good or am I missing something? BTW the oil pressure gauge pegs when the key is turned on.

Guys any help would be greatly appreciated.

Motor B230F, numbers from both engine match. The 84 is a stick and the 86 was an automatic. I didn't see a nuetral safty switch on the stick unless I missed it. Could it be a fuse??

Thanks Mike

Last edited by monkeyworkz; 07-13-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Additional info