Hmmm

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmm

You know the thing you can reset every time you want in the odometer, so you know how many KM you have travelled? Well, It marked 115 Km, Im asking this because i have used half the tank...And 115 KM or 85 Miles for half the tank doesnt seems to be a lot. I mean if thats right im averaging 8 MILES PER GALON or 14 KM per gallon....My friend lucky said that the little odometer thingy is in KM so i guess its true..but i mean..14KM per gallon doesnt seem right!?!?! of course city miles....but still

Old 07-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Default RE: Hmmm

If your speedo main reading is in kms then so is the odometer.

How do you know that you have used half a tank? If you are going only on the fuel gauge it may be wrong. Many years ago I was told that the only thing in a car more temperamental than the driver is the fuel gauge.

Really the only way to check mpg/kpl is to fill the tank completely, drive however many miles and refill the tank completely. That gives an accurate figure.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:25 PM

Also...older fuel guages go down exponentialy....half a tank marked on the guage isn't really half a tank.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:17 PM

The speedo is in miles, but its impossible for that the small odometer to be in miles also, because i drive 150 miles on the small odometer and in the big one(the actual miles one) it marks 84 miles....So im positive its in KM..But still, i filled my tank and when i used half the tank it said 150KM.....that would be 84 miles....so i dont know..i have tried this a lot of times