Leaking fuel from turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking fuel from turbo

I own a 87 740 turbo. My car will not start. and when i try to start it, after a few min. i'm having Fuel dripping down from the turbo (exhaust manifold area) Is it b/c my head are extremely flooded with fuel, so the fuel is leaking through the exhaust manifold into the turbo ?

Wat happen was 3 months ago, my 740 wont start when is HOT. it will starts right up when is cold. So i called IPD volvo tuning for a solution problem. They ask me to check the coolant sensor on the head (right below the 2rd intake manifold from fire wall). wat a pain the in @ss to reach. I replaced that with a white sensor. NOW IT WONT START AT ALL!!!! and Now the gauge is always on HOT soon as u turn the key. So i got busy for last 3 months. I start working on the 740 last week, trying to start, and i remember i had a full tank of gas before it broke DOWN. so someone stole my gas ? or all my gas evaporated ? I have no idea wat happen, it scares me when i live in a nice neighbor hood. my wife and i always park our bmw & MB on the drive way unlock over night. story continues.... I went in to town, got my self 2 gallon of gas, put it in the tank. gauge didnt go up at all !! oh, so i park my car for 3 months, now all my gauges are dying on me. So i try to start, turn key and crank on it for about couple min. And i smell fuel in the car, my son on the out side telling me that i have fuel dripping all over the place. the exhaust manifold are wet looking and smell fuel all under the hood. I can look under the car and see the fuel is dripping from the general area where the exhaust manifold connects the turbo.

so i'm assuming the cylinder is extremely fueled, that why it wont start. So i pull out all the spark plugs and let the car sit for a day or 2 so the gas in the head is not flooded and put in new plugs

So anybody have any idea wats going on ? or wat i should do ?

any suggestion will help greatly. thanks

Old 10-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Leaking fuel from turbo

2 things I would look at.
1. Fuel pressure regulator.
2. Coolant temp sensor. I think you may have the wrong one and it is flooding the engine.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did i get the wrong coolant sensor ? wat color should it be ? I have a black one and a white one! which sensor we talking about ? location of it ? i heard the 740 turbo has over 2 or 3 temp sensors.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Not sure about the color. It should have 2 one for the guage single wire and a 2 wire sensor for the computer.

Something is telling the computer to dump way to much gas into the engine.