Resources for '94 B230F Head Gasket walk through?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 09:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resources for '94 B230F Head Gasket walk through?

So I have mild brain trauma-just got out of the hospital a couple weeks ago, 20 new lesions on my brain, no biggie, just white matter periventricular. It's like your slpeen, you can scoop it out and still function...sorta. Memory is shot, per online walkthroughs, youtube, and the "files" location, FAQ's etc. for this type of stuff.

I get out of the hospital, and my headgasket goes... So I'm halfway through, and I'm at the point where if I don't start doing things "right" it could go badly.

And yes, I shouldn't be operating heavy machinery like forks and knives, but I've got no money so I'm the mechanic for now, and my arms are working again. sorta.

It's a '94 940 w/a IPD (VX?) non turbo cam. None of the timing belt "markers" line up, which is strange, and it ran like a champ too, and the belt was recently replaced. I know to keep the crank pulley on "0" on the back half of the plastic guard sign, and I'm marking/taking pics, and organizing parts and bolt/w dixie cups and labels.

I could use the "Torque" specs for head bolts, and just a confirmation I'm doing this right. I took a good hit to the cognitive area, and a back up telling me I'm doing it right would be great.

I've seen the IPD YouTube video on the belt replacement, and I have the special Volvo cam tool you bolt on the tensioner, plus a big box o' parts from FCP, w/all new seals, gaskets, plugs, sensors, etc.

All I need is a link, if such a thing exists, and I seem to remember it does.
I'm gonna lap the valves with the head off, so specs on lift, etc. feeler gauge/valve job specs would be awesome too.

I thought about "porting and polishing" the manifold runners, exhaust ports, I had big Mopar trucks as a kid, with Weinds,and Holleys, so I've done it, but word on "TurboBricks" is it's wasted effort...

Thanks gentlemen, in advance. I know this stuff exists, and I should really buy a manual, so I've got hardcopy in my hands but for now I'm running on peanuts.