Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

FOP Croton

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOP Croton

Have any of you used these guys? I know that they are a sponsor.
Here is why I ask, the heater core in my wifes 850 sprung a leak, they had the best price on a hearter core.
Ordered it, UPS was kind enough to crush it for us, so we sent it back.
It took 5 days to get the first one, another 5 days for it to get sent back and now I just spoke to them on the phone this moring asking what was going on and they have recieved the bad one but it may take upto another week for it to get processed and they ship out a new one.
I realize that UPS is slow (I work for FedEx, takes us 3 days from the East Coast to anywhere east of the Mississippi) but how slow are these guys at Croton?
Its not their fault it came damaged, but what the duece? My wifes car has been out of service almost this whole time.
Last week it was 70ish (F) so no need for heat, but this week it is going to be 40 and rain, cant even see out the windows.
Anybody else have a bad experiance with them?
A good one?
Anybody?
Beuller? Beuller?
Thanks for listening guys.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:42 AM

Sorry for the experience. I know they are a sponsor, but I ONLY use them for my 850 parts and have been EXELLENT, IMO! When you spoke with them, did you let them know that the car was out of commision while they got their ducks in a row?

Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM

They forgot an odometer gear in my order and they had it out to me within a couple of days. I thought there customer service was really good.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:28 PM

I've had nothing but POSITIVE results from them! I've ordered lots of 850 parts and not once have had anything backordered. Two thumbs up and great prices!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 PM

Yes I told them that we hads a rental car, (not true but what they dont know...we are still down half a car) he wanted me to buy a enw heater core that they would send out today and then refund me once the bad one was checked in.
They have my bad heater core, I gave him the tracking ID and he checked and sure enough, they recieved it on the 13th.
You have my bad one, send me the new one already.
I know they have a process and all but man this is very frustrating.
I am glad to hear that others have had good luck with them.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FCP was awesome when I used them. I had a huge $400+ order with about 17 different items; everything was there, packed very well, and shipped the following day. That is all you can ask from a retailer. After that, it's up to the shipping company.

So you work for FedEx, huh? FedEx lost my package (from eeuroparts). It took 10 days to ship the item from CT to MI. That is something you can expect from DHL, but FedEx? Come on. What am I not paying for? [free shipping]

UPS has crushed a few of my deliveries as well. A hard drive I bought online came with half the box kicked in. It reminded me of the opening scene of Ace Ventura.

"Sounds broken."
"Probably."

Old 04-20-2009, 03:03 PM

Whenever I order from AtlanticBritish I always choose the FedEx option, order Mon and I have the part by Wed.
Boxes get crushed, what ya goona do? It happens.
I have delivered crushed boxes before, I have also had my manager inspect boxes that looked damaged but all was good.
When a box bounces around in the back of a semi for a thousand miles things are going to happen.
I am not mad that it was crushed, I just want the car fixed and I feel that Croton is taking to long and I just wanted feed back from others to see if this was normal or not.
Sounds like it is not, which is good.
Will I use them again? I dont know yet.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:29 PM

I ordered some parts for my 850 last monday and the box was at my door step before wednesday noon and BTW, I am in Canada. this was my first experience with them but I am delighted to deal with them and all parts were as expected.

i can understand your frustration Spike but wonder if you can try to convince them on the urgency and they can speed up the process.

Good luck !

Old 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work at UPS and boxes do get crushed occasionally on automatic diverters and belts and such or loaders who put heavy boxes on top of light ones.but i think FCP is a great company IMO bought the pcv kit along with other little things and the customer service was great.i asked every question possible and they were very patient with me.the box arrived on schedule.i just wish TECH could have popped out the box with the kit to help me out lol

Old 04-20-2009, 07:37 PM

I think with any business, things might happen. Sorry that you are having a bad luck. I would say try them again and see what happens next time. I have always heard good things on this and one other forum that members use FCP for parts. I would say 1x is a fluke. 2 or 3x then there's an issue! Good luck in getting yiur vehicle back on the road.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM

well i dont know who FOP Croton is. but I have order many many parts from FCP Groton and have been very pleased with thier service. I did order the wrong part for my wife car once and i had to send it back wait a week for then to send me the new one back.