Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Friends 850 died :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friends 850 died :(

A friend of mine was driving back to school in her 96 850 and the timing belt broke. Sad story short, I'm buying the unsalvagable old girl for what she'd get from the scrap yard.

I have a few items on my "want/need to replace" list.
-left headlight assembly
-right-side doors (thanks to the gf's custom body work aka sideswiped a truck)
-the turbo as I think mine may be going out.
-right side mirror motor
-left side wiper arm
-tires, if in good order (better than mine)
-abs modules (if in working order)
-water pump that was replaced with timing belt to check engine functionality

And the like, used but in working order where mine is not or could go out soon.

My question is, can you think of anything worth grabbing form her that I should save? Perhaps something you need on the cheep that I don't need (for a price with no guarantee, plus shipping.)

I'm not trying to make out like a bandit (already am) just want to help fellow Volvo lovers if I can.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:11 AM

Transmission, struts/shocks if they are newer, seats if they're not torn, steering wheel, sun roof, wheels, dash, glove box cover, headliners, etc.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 AM

I need a L/F door, L/F fender, ft marker lamp assy`s and window master switch.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dead_Eric
A friend of mine was driving back to school in her 96 850 and the timing belt broke. Sad story short, I'm buying the unsalvagable old girl for what she'd get from the scrap yard.

I have a few items on my "want/need to replace" list.
-left headlight assembly
-right-side doors (thanks to the gf's custom body work aka sideswiped a truck)
-the turbo as I think mine may be going out.
-right side mirror motor
-left side wiper arm
-tires, if in good order (better than mine)
-abs modules (if in working order)
-water pump that was replaced with timing belt to check engine functionality

And the like, used but in working order where mine is not or could go out soon.

My question is, can you think of anything worth grabbing form her that I should save? Perhaps something you need on the cheep that I don't need (for a price with no guarantee, plus shipping.)

I'm not trying to make out like a bandit (already am) just want to help fellow Volvo lovers if I can.

I am interested in the interior, especially if it is white, black, gray or tan/beige. Seat skins and door trim.
Thanks send me a PM and we can do this. I have a very ratty 850 that I saved from the crusher, I want to make it shine again!

Old 09-07-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by mrcharlie
I need a L/F door, L/F fender, ft marker lamp assy`s and window master switch.
I have an extra master switch here from a 95 wagon I'll let go of. Just replaced the center console in my car, so you are welcome to my original switches, minus the auto down relay (modding my new one to run auto down to the passenger side as well).

Shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.

To the OP: If you have any black interior trim (pillars, etc) I'm all for that. Particularly the rear hatch pieces as well as the carpet/cargo cover boards. Also looking for working headlamp wiper motors and arms, factory fogs, and good lower wagon tail lamps

Old 09-08-2016, 10:58 AM

Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention to the interwebs lately...

Left front has damage to make those parts unsellable, they aren't crushed just scratched more than I'm comfortable with. The shipping and time to remove them would be more than they are worth. That's not to say you couldn't have them for free if you came and got them... I'm in Minneapolis, MN. Window master switch is doable. I'm more than happy to send pics.

Interior is black leather, mine is tan leather. The drivers seat is in better condition than mine and I think black and tan interior is beautiful. I'm thinking I'll swap seats to all black and some of the trim but haven't got I good plan in my head for all I'm going to swap.

Headlight wiper arms are missing (mine are as well) but I haven't check functionality of the motors on either... I'll check that in the next week and get an idea of the interior parts I want to swap. Right lower tail light is broken, left and uppers are cloudy from age. Fog lights are not present.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'd be interested in buying the Radiator Fan and the wheels/tires.

If possible, I'd like to purchase the radiator fan and the wheels (depending on what type they are) too if you live in NC or VA. If you're interested, feel free to shoot me a price. I'd much rather buy from someone from this forum (you guys have proven to be pretty trustworthy) than use craigslist or buy new. Have a good one!
-Luke