Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Hellp!!

Old 09-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellp!!

Hello, I am fairly new to this forum..all the helpful tips on here are great!!

I am having trouble with my 1995 Volvo 850 GLT..coming to a light i downshifted and then set it in neutral..The car shut off..So slowly i put it in first gear so that i can pop the clutch..That worked fine...Now the problem is that while on the freeway i would putthe clutch in and the car would shut off...So i ended up on the side of the road and had the car towed...When i attempted to start it again it wouldnt fire up..just crank over...I had my foot way down on the gas pedal and it started but had a raspy type noise like a cylinder was misfiring...As soon as i let off the gas pedal it dies...Also white smoke came out the rear end while i had my foot on the pedal to keep the car running...I replace the spark plugs and am working ont he fuel filter and the spark plug wires as well..I am also thinking about the MAF sensor and possibly the TPS sensor...
I just want my baby to start and run perfectly...Please any help is appreciated..

Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

It sounds fuel related to me. Could be the fuel pressure regulator or the fuel pump itself. Get yourself a fuel pressure gauge and see what the fuel pressure is at the rail.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 AM

also check if you are low on coolant.......

white smoke from the tail pipe, and hardly running tells me something isnt quite right (more than just a fuel issue).

you might want to check compression on the cyl's...