Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Hho ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hho ?

has anyone installed a HHO generator in their car ? 30-80% increase on your MPG ! gave me 10 more mpg . you mite get more !

Old 03-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

I believe in this concept but I dont think you could generate enough to make a difference in your mileage.

Signed,
Old Grumpy Non-Believer

Old 03-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mythbusters ran a segment on it. myth busted. sorry hookus, but i trust them WAY over you.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Data, details, video.... Fooler?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ibified
mythbusters ran a segment on it. myth busted. sorry hookus, but i trust them WAY over you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydEkV-E0mP8 you mean mythbusters with Moe , Larry and Curly ? they built it WRONG AND the morons almost blew themselfs up ! and turn your volume on this time so you can hear them say they messed up . and i didn't ask if anyone ran 100% HHO ,i asked if anyone is trying it , i got 10 more mpg . and thats with a small generator . did you youtube Volvo on HHo ? Only mythbusters tryed running on 100% HHO , what a bunch of dopes !

Old 03-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Red face HHO works

Originally Posted by boxpin
I believe in this concept but I dont think you could generate enough to make a difference in your mileage.

Signed,
Old Grumpy Non-Believer
Hey grumpy old timer ! how ya doin' , i put HHo in my jeep and with a small generator i got 10 more mpg

Old 03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Default or is he crazy ?

he went from 24mpg to 34mpg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5C6PeGOtHE

Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 PM

say what you want to, i still trust mythbusters over snake oil salesmen.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by boxpin

Signed,
Old Grumpy Non-Believer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py8QYt54EpE

Old 03-13-2011, 09:25 PM

[quote=ibified;260977]say what you want to, i still trust mythbusters over snake oil salesmen.[/quote i'm sure you do ,i'm sure you do.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:33 PM

@Hookus: are you using a fooler?

Old 03-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

google HHO:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxyhydrogen

bunk.

From above link:

Fringe science and fraud

Oxyhydrogen is often mentioned in conjunction with devices that claim to operate a vehicle using water as a fuel, or that burn the gas in torches for welding and cutting at extreme temperatures. Oxyhydrogen is sometimes referred as "Brown's Gas" after Yull Brown who advocated such devices, or "HHO gas" after the claims of fringe physicist Ruggero Santilli.
The most common and decisive counter-argument against using the gas as a fuel is that the energy required to split water molecules exceeds the energy recouped by burning it, and these devices reduce, rather than improve fuel efficiency.[12]

Old 03-14-2011, 01:12 AM

It goes like this: someone puts out there that it works. Mythbusters tests it and proves it DOESNT work, then the snake oil salesmen come out and say "no wait, it didnt work for you because you did it wrong...."

This is not a difficult concept to grasp. of COURSE the people who favor it are gonna say they did it wrong. Ask yourself this: who stands to make money by it being proven bunk? the guys on mythbusters? doubtful. The people who are trying top push the technology? nope, they want you to believe it works so they can sell you plans on how to build it.

Hey hookus? if you're interested, I can send you some information on how to become a millionaire overnight. Just send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, along with your low one-time payment of $99.99, and I will send it out to you.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM

It goes like this: someone puts out there that it works. Mythbusters tests it and proves it DOESNT work, then the snake oil salesmen come out and say "no wait, it didnt work for you because you did it wrong...."

This is not a difficult concept to grasp. of COURSE the people who favor it are gonna say they did it wrong. Ask yourself this: who stands to make money by it being proven bunk? the guys on mythbusters? doubtful. The people who are trying top push the technology? nope, they want you to believe it works so they can sell you plans on how to build it.

Hey hookus? if you're interested, I can send you some information on how to become a millionaire overnight. Just send me a self-addressed stamped envelope, along with your low one-time payment of $99.99, and I will send it out to you.
as i have said ,mythbusters have not proven anything ! they built it wrong ,THEY said they built it wrong . buy plans ? they're free ! just to show you have no idea of what your talking about and i can clearly see that , i just put a HHO in my jeep ,one of the worst vehicles on gas mileage stock 18mpg highway and today i just checked my mileage and got 26 mpg ... and by the way Move'n pictures and TV's are just a fad ,oh and the electric light also . so you say you believe them ? then why didn't you believe them when they said they didn't build it right ? its on the video ?so have you even tryed it ? i already know the answer and its no ? i guess its like the snake oil salesman who told me Volvo was a good car and boy what a liar he was !

Old 03-14-2011, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Henry10
@Hookus: are you using a fooler?
An EFIE ? No i don't have a MAF sensor on my Jeep . EFIE is for a vehicle that has a MAF sensor.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by hookuspookus
An EFIE ? No i don't have a MAF sensor on my Jeep . EFIE is for a vehicle that has a MAF sensor.
No, that's old school (2-3 years old LOL). A fooler box is a chip which modifies the fuel trims. It basically fools the ECU into thinking that nothing's changed. It connects to the OBD2 port.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:31 AM

I stick to my original statement, Hookus. Sorry...you're wasting my mind trying to change my mind.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Default hello henry

Originally Posted by Henry10
No, that's old school (2-3 years old LOL). A fooler box is a chip which modifies the fuel trims. It basically fools the ECU into thinking that nothing's changed. It connects to the OBD2 port.
yes i know they are , no i haven't used one . my hho is so far working fine as i said i took a mpg yesterday and gained 10 mpg ,have you heard of GEET ? it won't work on a car but it will power up to a 20 hp motor

Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Default ALL talk no action

I stick to my original statement, Hookus. Sorry...you're wasting my mind trying to change my mind.
WAIT A MINUTE ! Snake oil man ,YOU came here to try to change MY mind ! Right ? i proved to you that Mythbusters had no idea they didn't know what they were doing THEY SAID IT NOT ME ! i thought you said you trusted them ? i guess you don't ?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 AM

I don't know what GEET is. There is a new device everyday.

Quick Reply: Hho ?