Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Hho ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hookus: look who started this thread. I dont buy for a minute that you gained MPG with this. Sorry. I'm out.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they said it could work . LISTEN ! and it doe's ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydEkV-E0mP8 so your BUSTED !

Old 03-15-2011, 11:00 AM

ignorance is bliss , you have proved that !

Old 03-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant get over the irony of someone speaking of ignorance immediately after posting something like "and it doe's"

Thank you for keeping me laughing, Hookus.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm always concerned about the back lash of making those kinds of modifications. If you take a motor that will normally last 300,000, and make drastic mods like that, will the motor wear faster and now only last 180,000? If that's the case, and you burn the motor up, you will quickly loose the 10 mpg savings in a $2,000 motor repair. :-/

Last edited by rspi; 03-15-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-16-2011, 03:39 AM
Default your as smart as a box of hammers

Originally Posted by ibified
I cant get over the irony of someone speaking of ignorance immediately after posting something like "and it doe's"

Thank you for keeping me laughing, Hookus.
Puleeze , you'll never out wit me . your not smart enough !

Old 03-16-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by rspi
I'm always concerned about the back lash of making those kinds of modifications. If you take a motor that will normally last 300,000, and make drastic mods like that, will the motor wear faster and now only last 180,000? If that's the case, and you burn the motor up, you will quickly loose the 10 mpg savings in a $2,000 motor repair. :-/
the combustion chamber is cleaner with this and it burns only a few degrees hotter ,you can change that by running a plug that is one cooler than stock

Old 03-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rspi
Injecting HHO into the combustion chamber in fact lowers the temperatures. The main argument of critics of HHO is that there needs to be a lot more HHO injected than a Mason's Jar can produce with 15 Amp, in order to have any effects. Critics basically state that "it violates the laws of physics, which is you need energy to produce energy, and the energy produced is always lesser than the energy used to produce it".

Old 03-16-2011, 06:23 AM

From my experience with it, and the way I understand it, HHO plays the role of the additive. HHO mixes with gasoline/diesel and makes the combustion fuller. The problem is that the added amount of Oxygen is detected by the sensors, and in order to maintain the AFR, the ECU retards timing and adds more fuel, which negates the fuel savings. Sometimes it makes it worse.

That's why a fooler box is needed. It is a chip developed by Volo Performance in Arizona that plugs into the OBD2 port and it modifies the fuel trim/maps of the ECU.

If you see people with their O2 sensors wrapped in aluminum foil, it means that they had a HHO generator on-board.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Henry10
From my experience with it, and the way I understand it, HHO plays the role of the additive. HHO mixes with gasoline/diesel and makes the combustion fuller. The problem is that the added amount of Oxygen is detected by the sensors, and in order to maintain the AFR, the ECU retards timing and adds more fuel, which negates the fuel savings. Sometimes it makes it worse.

That's why a fooler box is needed. It is a chip developed by Volo Performance in Arizona that plugs into the OBD2 port and it modifies the fuel trim/maps of the ECU.

If you see people with their O2 sensors wrapped in aluminum foil, it means that they had a HHO generator on-board.
the fooler you are talking about is call EFIE (Electronic Fuel Injector Enhancement ) that is used for vehicles with MAF sensors . A O2 extention is used with a vehicle that has only a O2 sensor . yes if you do not set it up right it will make your mileage worse . this is why Mythbusters FAILED with the one they made ,they DID NOT RESERCH this at all ,watch the video ,the one they made had 3 little tiny bubbles , a real generator dumps hydrogen out like a fish tank airator , watching Mythbusters is like watching the 3 Stooges putting in plumbing , reseach it ,its very interesting ! ALL HHO MUST have a 1 way flash back arrestor ! You Tube it and check it out yourself . i also have tryed ACETONE 1oz per 5 gal. of gas ,that also improved my mileage quite a bit , there is one guy who denounces Acetone ,says it melts the plastic in your tank ,how is this ? Tulene ,xylene and Acetone where in gas back in the 60's ! you can get 100% Acetone at Home Depot at 7 bucks a can ,if you got 60 more miles per tank for the cost of 75 cents in Acetone , wouldn't it be worth it ? HHO also leaves your combustion chamber carbon free ! and contrary to popular belief you won't see your pistons pouring out your exhaust both only burn a few more degrees than gas and if your that worried lower your plug temp down a heat range . i hope you will try this experiment as i have . i also hope to see your video on youtube telling about your increase and the cell you made or bought off of ebay ,buy the way Titainium makes the Best eletrodes but is SUPER exspensive ! i made mine . to cheep to buy one ! scott

Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 PM

I ran out of breath trying to read this -- some punctuation would help...

Old 03-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Acetone in your tank = Nuts. I would say you got lucky you did not damage something, I totally agree with the guy who denounces acetone. Try this experiment...put on some rubber gloves and work with Acetone for about a minute then watch what happens to the gloves. Most of your fuel system could probably handle it but the rubber seals in the injectors, etc.....cant.
We used Acetone a lot when I was in car audio with fiberglass and molding ABS plastic...its corrosive alright. Hookus, your a good guy but this is not good advice.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:45 PM

Does anyone know of a database where I can find experienced, local mechanics with knowledge of installing HHO for a Volvo XC90. Thanks for your time.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Administrator
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Never mind .......

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 07-24-2012 at 11:02 PM.