Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Just saying hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just saying hello

Hello all my name is Allen Lopez Iam happy to say after 13 year I fanally got my T5R .I wanted one since I was 16yr old but of course i dont no to many 16 year old boy that can buy a $30K car. Iam not new to the Turbo world or the Volvo world.I have own many turbo cars and built many car as me and my friend run a part time performance shop but we work on mostly japanise cars. I just sold my 87Turbo Toyota Supra so I can buy one .
The car is a Black 95 (of course) it has 145k and i got to say for an older car its in really nice shape.The interior is almost perfect and so is the body .I can tell the car was repainted as you can see some marks on the hood.For some reason the original wheels are missing it has some 16 turbo wheels.And the back of the driver side seat dose not move forward.Some of my plans is to find original wheels, repair the seat,and replace the front bumper as it has a crack on the lip part of it. As For mods I plan to keep it simple as I want to use this car as a D.D. I will upgrade the intercooler pipes and a chip iam thinking IPD. and maybe a cat back but i dont know yet on that one as i want to keep it quaiet.
here are some pic I will get better ones once this New England weather clears up.

More proof of the car being repainted they put the badge on the wrong place

Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Default RE: Just saying hello

sorry for the small pic I must be doing something wrong

Old 01-13-2009, 04:34 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

It is good that you found a T-5R you wanted.

See if this post would help with your seat:
https://volvoforums.com/m_88154/tm.htm

Also, if you plan to keep the car for a long time, I would give it a full tune-up; see my 1st & 2nd replies at:

https://volvoforums.com/m_48928/tm.htm

As to posting pics, there are only 500KB for each post. I usuallycheck-mark "Embed picture in post" function. Other people use photo-posting sites and draw direct links to embed larger images in a post.

Happy motoring,

JPN

Old 01-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice car! Good luck with it. As Tech said, you might want to do a full tune up. ALso, when was the timing belt and pulleys last changed? Since they are due every 70K or 7 years, with 145K it is due for its second belt change if it has not been done

Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 AM

+1 to Psaboic.

Just to add to it is that another 850 Turbo joined my familty y'day. Its a 1994 850 turbo sedan, blue with 203K Kms on it with charcoal interior. I just went to see it last week because I was a ad on one of the local free advertising website and was convinced to buy it by my wife just because she like the colour and black interior. it need some common volvo repairs/meintenance like :
1- Vent system repacement - I will first check the little metal part that gets clogged near the inlet (sorry cant remember what it is called)

2- Glove box lock....its broken and might have some treasures from the previous owner. (she mentioned a expensive PEN)

3- Dipstick it broken - I already pulled one form boneyard yeserday.

The car is kept in my friends garage for now and I will update you more about it after i pull it out when weather gets better.

Here is the link for the ad with pictures.

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/cto/964431906.html

Old 01-13-2009, 04:47 PM

thank you .yea the timing belt was just done by the pr- owner along with the water pump and PVC system.I still want to replace the cap,rotor,wires they look good but are not oem.and the serpentine belt squeek avery now and then againg it looks new but might be a cheap belt.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wheels that come on the T5R are called Titans and most people say they are about the worst wheels Volvo every made. I just bought some parts to fix the one I wrecked and the guy I got the parts from said he went through three sets of them.

They used soft material or something and they bend very easy. The look great though. I have the Volans from my 97 850 R on my T5R. They look good, but not as good as the Titans. The ones that look almost like the Titans, but are much better wheels are the Pegasus or Pegs. They come in 17 and 18 inch. My son has a set of them on his 98 T5M and they look great.