Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Need Help - No Spark

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:54 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Need Help - No Spark

ORIGINAL: JimKW

Thanks. It happens way too often when people ask for help then get it fixed, but don't tell what was done to fix it. Then you see somebody else read the thread sometime in the future and ask what was done to fix the problem.
It is called "Entitlement Mentality". As far as my 35 years of observation goes, approx. 90% of the people I met were affected with it. People seem to have changed in their attitude and mentality in the last 35 years (or I should say it has not changed for the last few thousand years or longer[8D]), and it seems universal.

JPN

Old 04-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update....So my mechanic is following the step by step procedure in the manual for this problem. He's checked all the grounds,wires, connectors which are good. He's checked the crank and cam position sensors, they are withinspecs. Any other suggestions were he may look. I'm starting to lose hope, not to mention I've been without the car now for two weeks. Thankfully I have a truck and motorcycle to fall back on.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Maybe computer bad.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE....So the mechanic and I decided that the problem was most likely the Cam Position Sensor ( even though it tested within specs ) so I ordered one ($150) He installed it and sure enough the car started right up, luckly we choose the most lokely culprit, because my faith in him was dwindling and the next stop was going to be the dealership.

SIDEBAR...When I first called him about the problem made sure to tell me of his 25 years fixing foreign cars (mostly european) and that he was sure he could easily find the problem. I explained to him that I was looking for a local mechanic that could work on my two volvos and a VW for things that I could not handle since I quite mechanicly inclined. ( my first car was given to me by my dad, 1960 cadilac,witha spun crank bearing, neither one of us with any experience in such things proceeded to disassemble it down to the block and send it out to be ground and fitted with a new bearing then put it all back together, wish I still had that car ) So when I dropped it off to him I told himnot to replace the wires,plugs,cap & rotor, if he thought that was the problem (which I doubted) because I had them coming in. So two weeks in the shop and we order the Cam Position Sensor and he says " bring those wires and stuff I'll put them in for you while I put it back together, so I do. Then when I pay him I notice he charged me, 2.5 hours to diagnos the problem, 1 hr to install the Cam Postion Sensor, and 2 hrs ($164)to install the plugs, wires, cap & rotor (ripped me off on that one) Needless to say he will not see me again, nor anyone that I relate this story to. He should have done the right thing and he would have reaped many return visits and new customers. You can screw a guy once or you can make an honest living off him forever. Guess he didn't know this. Anyway glad to have my volvo back. Thanks for all the help.

Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Glad all is fixed now.