Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Paint and Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well, when you get an alignment, more than likely they will be taking off and moving those weights on your wheel, so, them prying them off..scratch...them coming off...scratch...and then them moving them somewhere else...scratch...plus the weights them selves....scratch....

Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea ill just paint them because if the car lasts ill do the suspension and get new rims anyway. Either that or ill go into the shop with a stern look and a bold request to not mess my effing rims up lol.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gilber33
The only problem with that is the next time you have to get an alignment your wheels will get scratched up. I wouldn't bother with the wheels being pitted in a couple areas, unless you really want to, you could always sand them down, put a little bit of bondo on the the pits and sand them again. Personally, I think that's too much work for these stock wheels.
When I got my set of Volans on my 850, I filled the pits on the wheels in my garage and then painted them with Volvo anthracite paint, but I am tat picky on how my 850 looks. It took some work, but looks damn good. My thing is that if you are going to put work into it, do it right the first time and it will look good and not have to do it a second time. But that's just me.

Originally Posted by gilber33
well, when you get an alignment, more than likely they will be taking off and moving those weights on your wheel, so, them prying them off..scratch...them coming off...scratch...and then them moving them somewhere else...scratch...plus the weights them selves....scratch....
When you get an alignment, they wont be messing with the weights. They adjust the tow and camber on the backside of the suspension and axle. The weight essentially counter balances the wheel so you get an even (bumpless ride). You do risk the wheels being scratched up (minimally)during an alignment. If you think it's that bad, paint them after. FYI,if you go to get your wheels balanced anytime soon, have them take the weights off the wheel lip and have them mounted on the inside back of the wheel so its out of sight. After I reconditioned mine, I had they guys mount them with an adhesive putty ont he inside of the wheel. No scratches and a clean looking wheel without an unsightly weight!

I also told the guys at the trie store about the paint on the wheel being fresh and new. They were super cool about not scrathing them. I would let them know when you go in right off the bat!

Last edited by Somthngfrce; 08-18-2009 at 10:12 PM.