Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Volvo 850 Front Door Panel Removal - Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Lightbulb Volvo 850 Front Door Panel Removal - Video

Had to remove the door panel on my Volvo 850 to replace the door handle cup so I shot a video of it. You can pull the panel to gain access to the latch, mirror wiring, and the window motor and regulator.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All 4 of my cups are cracked. At $25 apiece, I think I'll leave them cracked for right now!

Old 04-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Administrator

I understand. You can try to super glue them and that helps sometimes. But when you have the love of your life in a little pain, you step up to the plate. LOL

Yesterday I noticed a crack in the dash next to the radio under the vinyl. I'm going to try to fix that with JB Weld.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lot I'd like to do to it, and it's prioritized With a wife and 3 small kids, the car has to come at *least* 5th

Mine has a crack in the piece that is in front of the dash pad. The piece that has the blinking LED for the alarm. Not the standoff the LED is in, but the long piece from side to side.

Mine also had a cell phone mounted to the passenger side of the dash, and left behind a few holes. They aren't horrible, but I'd like to replace that piece of the dash, too, at some point.

I also want to have it retinted, and repair or replace the front bumper cover. Also need to replace both inner fenders, and the rails...

I'm prioritizing Appearance wise, the front spoiler comes first. That's a big expense

Door cups.. I'll get to. Have no fear And when I get there, I now know how to get the front door panels off - already have had the rears off

Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by johnwartr
Mine also had a cell phone mounted to the passenger side of the dash, and left behind a few holes. They aren't horrible, but I'd like to replace that piece of the dash, too, at some point.
I have that same scar. One of the PO's was a fire chief and ran the car to fires. Had a full radio system installed. I believe the crack in my dash comes from that mount.

The trick is to stop drill the crack to stop it from running. That's what we use to do to airplanes to stop cracks from crawling along parts till they could be replaced or braced.

The part we are talking about is part of the ENTIRE DASH ASSEMBLY. I don't think you can get them from Volvo anymore so you're stuck tearing them out of junk cars and hoping they are in better shape, like the door handle cups. So, chances are, that crack will never get fixed.

I got an e-mail yesterday that has information about a trim cover that can hide the crack along the upper front edge of the dash. Something like $40 or so. I'll get one soon.