Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Wiper Shaker compatible with 850

Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiper Shaker compatible with 850

Has anybody used them on 850? Cost?

Old 12-16-2010, 02:48 PM

For those of you interested, this is the answer I got from Wiper Shaker directly:

"Henry, we have the SKR002 dual motor kit available for $97.63 via a credit card. Since we mostly sell through dealers we are not set up to buy "online".

Joe Schurger
e-mail: shaker@vipwheels.us
PH: (847) 395-7255 ext 17
FX: (847) 395-9460
Vehicle Improvement Products
151 Ram Road
Antioch, IL 60002"

According to Joe, Wiper shaker is compatible with the 850 (9 mm wiper arm).

I have no connections with Wiper Shaker, just came across them as a product for the winter safety. It is an option with brand new 2011 Ford vehicles.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is it?

Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 PM

It's a little 12v motor that is mounted in the wiper arm and shakes the arm, which results in cleaning the windshield quicker and cleaner. It's something people that live in snow country, and make multiple stops during the day can benefit. I was thinking getting one for my Volvo, since my wife goes in and out of shopping centers non-stop.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Shaker

Hi Everyone: Caught your reference to the SHAKER Wiper De-icer, so thought we'd take the time to provide a product description. Firstly, feel free to visit us on the web where you can view FAQ's (everyone we've ever been asked), Demo's, testimonials etc. In one of the comments, someone indicated that they were hoping the SHAKER would clear the windshield - this is not what the SHAKER is designed for, i.e., it's a Wiper Blade Deicer, so you'll still need to do the drudgery of cleaning the windshield and wiper blade initially. You can actually see it installed on a 1996 850 via our Installation video link. Please Note: With some 850's, you might have to make a minor adjustment on the wiper arm to allow for clearance for the SHAKER body, i.e., a spindle adjustment (a fairly simple task, although you may want to consult your mechanic to make this adjustment).

The SHAKER is pretty simple in how it works, so I'll keep the answer simple.

The patented, innovative SHAKER simply clamps onto a vehicle's existing wiper arm / blade assembly. Once activated, from inside the vehicle, the tiny, yet powerful SHAKER induces a momentary vibration to help rid the wiper blade of trapped frozen debris that could otherwise cause windshield streaking and thus, impair a driver's vision. While activated, the SHAKER will cause a moving wiper blade to "skip" ~ 1/16th" off the windshield - it is this skipping effect that allows the wiper blade to deal with the trapper frozen build-up. Note: The SHAKER is a Wiper Blade De-icer for in journey usage. So, it is not a windshield de-cier and thus you still need to start your journey with a clean windshield and clean flexible wiper blade. Once into your journey, should your wiper blade encounter any trapped frozen debris, simply activate the SHAKER for a few seconds. The SHAKER is a proven technology of choice, that has been used for years by professional drivers, e.g., U.S. and Canadian Highway Snow Plow departments etc. Professional drivers know how effective the SHAKER is in the toughest winter conditions. You can check out various testimonials etc. from our website.

If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If its possible to let your forum colleagues know about SHAKER, many thanks.

Mike Kelly.
www.wipershaker.com