Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

2008 volvo c30 aftermarket stereo

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 volvo c30 aftermarket stereo

Are there any aftermarket stereos that fit a 2008 stock c30? I am having a tough time finding one.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:59 PM

there are zero aftermarket radios for the C30.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:02 PM

The best (actually, the only) way to improve the standard-fit stereo head unit is to add a sound processor and an amp. (or 2)

I don't know that much about C30s as I've only had mine a week but I do know about in-car sound systems.

The first thing I did to my car when I bought it was to improve the standard-fit stereo system which sounded truly awful - in fact it was un-listenable - by adding the following equipment:

Audio Control sound processor LC8 with iPod connection going into a Phoenix Gold equalizer then into a Rockford Fosgate Power 200w amp. driving a set of RF Audiophile component speakers in the front doors.

An RF Power 100w amp, bridged to mono, drives a 12" Diamond Audio (McDaddy) sub woofer which is in the rear luggage space.

A Power Capacitor was added to prevent the headlamps dimming when the system is working hard and I sound-deadened the doors with SkinZ System.

The sound quality is now truly excellent (it should be considering what it cost) but to me it was well worth the outlay as I love music (mainly listen to jazz, classical and some new music.)

The iPod is connected via a SIMPLE connector system directly to the processor and the standard-fit radio still works but now only drives the rear speakers (for fill ).
The only radio stations of interest to me are Radios 3 & 4 and Talksport.

The amps, processor, equalizer and power cap. all fitted underneath both front seats where they are boxed in with custom built carpeted MDF covers for protection and only the sub woofer is on display.

There are no shortcuts to improving the sound of the standard-fit head unit.
You have to go all the way or else stick with what you've got.

Simply replacing the standard-fit speakers is a waste of money if you don't add an amplifier and you can't add an amp without adding a sound processor and there are no after-market head units available for a C30 due to Volvo's display unit carrying information which can't be modified by means of a computer unlike some other cars.

Good luck anyway... !