Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

Bizarre Issue: fog light button activates crash mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bizarre Issue: fog light button activates crash mode

Backstory - I had an issue with my sunroof leaking into my C30 and I think it may have caused a short in my fog lamps. The fog light button literally throws the car into crash mode and turning the button off and restarting the car will turn it off. (Meanwhile the manual says do not drive and have towed to dealer immediately) My mechanic and I tried removing the fuse and the relay and it still continued to do the same thing. Has anyone every heard of this or have any suggestions? If we can't find a solution I was just going to cut the wires and hard wire the fog lamps to low beams, obviously not the ideal route but safer than accidentally activating this on the highway or someone else using the car and doing so.

I had it flat bedded to the dealer when this first happened and they said it was a loose battery terminal... [definitely not the problem]

Attached Thumbnails Bizarre Issue: fog light button activates crash mode-capture.jpg  
Old 10-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c30inthecity
Backstory - I had an issue with my sunroof leaking into my C30 and I think it may have caused a short in my fog lamps. The fog light button literally throws the car into crash mode and turning the button off and restarting the car will turn it off. (Meanwhile the manual says do not drive and have towed to dealer immediately) My mechanic and I tried removing the fuse and the relay and it still continued to do the same thing. Has anyone every heard of this or have any suggestions? If we can't find a solution I was just going to cut the wires and hard wire the fog lamps to low beams, obviously not the ideal route but safer than accidentally activating this on the highway or someone else using the car and doing so.

I had it flat bedded to the dealer when this first happened and they said it was a loose battery terminal... [definitely not the problem]
Did you figure this out? Just saw the same thing happen on a car.