Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

Notchy Shifting and driver's door problems - What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Notchy Shifting and driver's door problems - What to do?

Hey everyone,

I would like you advice/opinions here.

I have a 2009 Volvo C30, just under 65000 miles on it with a manual transmission. I am constantly getting notching shifting, especially between gears 1 and 2, despite the clutch being pushed all the way to the floor. I get this in other gears too, but 1 to 2 is the worst. A lot of the times when this happens, it feels like I need to put pressure on the stick to force it into gear. Other times the car will shift great, almost like a hot knife through butter. I cannot find a pattern or any reason for this it seemingly happens at random. Is this normal for these cars to do this?

Also today, the drivers side door latch started malfunctioning. It won't latch! I live in a cold climate, could that be affecting it?

I bought the car with 56,xxx miles on it. I had it inspected by a Volvo dealer who found nothing wrong with it. I also had the 60,000 mile service completed at a different Volvo dealer, who also did not mention anything wrong.

When the car is shifting properly and not giving me other stupid it problems, I absolutely love it. On the other hand though, the notchy shifting is quite irritating and takes away the fun. I also don't want to be constantly throwing money on fixing things that shouldn't be an issue already. Door latches shouldn't be failing this early, even in this cold weather.

What are your guys' opinions? Does anyone else have this sort of love/hate relationship going on with your C30?