Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Blow OFF or Waste GATE

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blow OFF or Waste GATE

Hello ben whyl since i last posted here about my Coolant liquid and oil problem . but thats all done now i want to know whic is beter and what i can instal on my car! so can i instal Blow Off on my c70 1998 t5 ? because i heard that blow offs makes engine to swich of some times ... and its like passiv efect :/ and wanted to know if i cant instal blow off how can i make waste gate to sound like bloww off thx for your replays !

and one more question ! how can i know that my Traction sistem is swiched off and how i know that its working ? because i have a buuton with trac on but when i push it nothing hapens no lights pop on in dashbord no nothing ...

Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM

If you get a high flow intake you will get a nice sound from the turbo and a slight high end performance gain. If the "traction off" light does not come on when you press the traction button then either your indicator bulb is dead (more likely or else the "traction off" light would be on if system was malfunctioning - ABS module) or your car doesn't have the option. Could also be that the button is not connected to the harness?? Pull the button out of the cluster and check the connection. Thats my 2 cents.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by ABVO850
If you get a high flow intake you will get a nice sound from the turbo and a slight high end performance gain. If the "traction off" light does not come on when you press the traction button then either your indicator bulb is dead (more likely or else the "traction off" light would be on if system was malfunctioning - ABS module) or your car doesn't have the option. Could also be that the button is not connected to the harness?? Pull the button out of the cluster and check the connection. Thats my 2 cents.
any suggestions on high flow intake ?
the thing is when i bought this car i barely culd spin my weels but now they spining all teh time when i put my feet down... but that light didnt pop up i will pull the thing out to see if its connected .. ABS is working good so that means everything is working ..

thx for your replay

Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My ABS did the same, I replaced my ABS module, now it works & indicates properly.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by MSGTUSMC
My ABS did the same, I replaced my ABS module, now it works & indicates properly.
are ABS and TRack connected somehow .. ?

so i ned to replace that modul ? to fix track option?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 PM

Yes. The ABS module behind your intake often needs to be replaced. In the US, Midwest ABS offers well priced rebuilt modules for Volvos. I am sure there are other companies in your region that sell rebuilt abs modules instead of paying for a brand new one.

I have a Eurosport intake but other companies like IPD and BSR also sell there own versions. I like the large filter setup on the BSR intake, too bad I found it after I bought mine..

http://en.bsr.se/products/4900701/

Old 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM

Yes. The ABS module behind your intake often needs to be replaced. In the US, Midwest ABS offers well priced rebuilt modules for Volvos. I am sure there are other companies in your region that sell rebuilt abs modules instead of paying for a brand new one.

I have a Eurosport intake but other companies like IPD and BSR also sell there own versions. I like the large filter setup on the BSR intake, too bad I found it after I bought mine..

http://en.bsr.se/products/4900701/
Thank you man vill look and try to fix whats fixable

Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 AM

My father is a mehanic for ower now 20 years and he says that theas filter brake engin overal .. :/ that it isnt good for car .. is that ture ?

Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 PM

I don't think they will "break" your engine. Unless you don't maintain the filter as you would with any other filter. It really doesn't make that much difference on stock motor setups, just a little high end acceleration gain and awesome sounds from the turbo :-)

Old 03-10-2013, 01:48 AM

I don't think they will "break" your engine. Unless you don't maintain the filter as you would with any other filter. It really doesn't make that much difference on stock motor setups, just a little high end acceleration gain and awesome sounds from the turbo :-)
thx maan thats what exectly i thought .. i think my father just dosnt want me to do enithing and dosnt want that my car falls in eye for a cops because in my town i have volvo c70 and there is only on other