Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Considering the purchase of a 2013 c70

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering the purchase of a 2013 c70

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum and wanted to ask for some opinions regarding the 2013 C70. This would be a car primarily for my wife, she owned a Buick soft top in the 80's and always wanted another convertible. We rented a C 70 back in 2012 for a week while on vacation so we're familiar with how the car drives.

My questions concern reliability and ease of maintenance. I do most of my own work, with the exception of transmission work and over the years have tackled timing belts, radiators, shocks, struts, springs, control arms, suspension repair, fuel system repairs (lines, pumps and tank replacement) brake system repairs and all manner of routine maintenance with success on mainly Nissan, GM and Toyota products.

I have absolutely no experience with European cars.

I understand that for 4 years the warranty will cover any issues. We tend to keep our cars for at least 10 years so I'll own this car for quite a few years out of warranty. My concerns are general reliability, availability of repair and maintenance information and parts availability.

I thought I'd find issues with the retractable top but after quite a bit of research online I cannot find anything significant.

Any perspectives and opinions that you might have that would help me make my decision regarding this car would be greatly appreciated. We're also considering the Lexus IS250.

Thanks,

MIA