Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

coolant change

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant change

Hi Fellow Fellow Volvo Owners,
First, this being my first post, I want to say thanks for all the help you guys give. As a the recent buyer of a 2000 c70 HPT some of your tips and what not have come in handy.
I have a very simple question. I just did a ATF flush and would like to do a coolant one as well. Is there anyone here who could give me a step-by-step how too?
Also is a brake-fluid and power steering fluid flush needed? It has 55,000 miles and have been trying to do some of there mait. items since it is spring outside and rather nice.
Thanks

Old 04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: coolant change

For me, a brake fluid change is mandatory every year! Brake fluid is the life blood of the system that makes your auto stop. The enemy of fluid is moisture. Eventually it boils and you have a bad situation. A can of DOT 4 is inexpensive and a pressure bleeder is but $40.00. I also change the pwr steering fluid a couple of years although I am not as religious as the brake fluid. As to the coolant and the trans fluid, I leave that to the dealer now as the hassle of getting rid of the fluids is not worth either the mess or the cost. The dealer will replace the fluids with the correct Volvo types..........TECH can inform you of the issues of putting the wrong fluid in the Warner/Asin transmission that I believe is installed in your Volv.
REG