Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Couple of issues? Blown Speaker questions? Window? Strarting issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of issues? Blown Speaker questions? Window? Strarting issue?

Ok, been awhile since i posted issues, so i'm back logged.

First, I'm almost positive a couple of my speakers are blown. I'm kinda upset, i figured being a factory car with the upgraded system(SC-901) and having an amp and all i wouldn't run into this, but alas it has happened. The thing that really pisses me off is that i keep the bass turned half way down cause it's so powerful, and still they blew. I'll be the first to admit i play my music loud, but with the bass turned down and having the "upgraded system" they still blew? My passenger side lower speaker is def blown, the drivers side bottom speaker is on it's way out, and i just noticed yesterday-listening to certain types of music, the center is on it's way out. Question is, how does the dealer handle this? how do they test it? are the pains in the *** about it? i know u can get into the frequency setting on the head unit by holding down a number and turning it on, can anybody recommend a setting that might prevent this in the future?

Second, ever since i got my car, i noticed the passenger side window looks like it's straining to close, its fine until it get a couple of inches from the top and then you can tell it's pushing to close. last time the car was in service, they replaced the regulator in the drivers door to fix a bang when it closed and checked the passenger, they said they could find nothing wrong with it, i was in a rush and had no desire to argue, so i left. On 2 occasions when it has been really hot outside, i've rolled down the passenger side window a bit to let the hot air out, then when i would try to close it, it would get stuck about 2 inches from closing. I had to get out of the car and open the door and then close it. WTF? Regulator?

Third, i'm having a starting issue. It seems that when the car has been sitting over night or over a long period of time, when i start the car it is not turning over properly. It seems to putter a bit then start. puttt, puttt, puttt, VROOM, down to idle. It's not so bad that i have to tap the accelerator, but still rather annoying. any ideas? something clogged?

Ok, now 2 quick ones, lol. I'm going to grease my steering stops(can't wait to take it into service, driving me nuts!), how much should i use and what should i use to apply it with? Last, when do you recommend a transmission fluid change? I know when the service manual recommends it, but should it be done at like 30kmiles? I know this is a "to each is own" kinda thing. What do u think/recommend Tech?

Thanks in advance, sorry to ramble on, i'll try to spread my questions out more in the future

PS-i'm not having and tranny issues, just wondering. My car is still under warranty until next september(only 26k miles!). Even with my minor issue, i luv my C70!