Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Error code problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error code problem

Hi Everyone I have a 98 C70 t5 (cable throttle) and a few months ago I got an engine warning light come on, the car still ran perfectly but eventually I got a code reader and found it was P0108 AP/BARO Circuit High Input. After doing the usual searching I concluded that it was the altitude sensor and eventually located a used one and proceeded to fit it. I cleared the error code and started the engine. Almost immediately the engine warning light came on. This in it’s self was odd as when I had cleared error cod in the past it would take anything from 5 minuets to a couple of hours to re-light. I re-scanned and found that the error code had changed to P0107 sensor circuit low input.[sm=headbang.gif] The engine runs like a dream, always starts first time, smooth tick over and my boost gauge shows 10psi and holding at 9psi under full throttle. To be honest this is more of an irritation than anything else as without the light I would not be aware of a problem. So my question is this. Having replaced the altitude sensor and bearing in mind the fact that the engine runs so well, is there anything else I should check. I really don’t want to start replacing parts at random in the hope of getting lucky and can’t believe it’s anything that serious due to the way the engine performs. One other possibility, bearing in mind that the light now comes on instantly, is that having fitted the replacement sensor there is a period where the ecu has to re-calibrate (or something) for the new sensor and this is throwing up the code. Or is that just wishful thinking. Sorry for rambling on so much, any advice or recommendations would be most welcome. Thanks Steve

Old 07-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Error code problem

I have a 99 C70 Convertible and have had problems with my check engine light staying on as well.

The codes I gotwere the O2 sensors so I eventually had them both replaced and have had the ETM software upgraded and the ETM cleaned. The codes have been cleared out and reset a number of times, but thatdoesn't work. The check engine light is still on with a code of 261A - Long term fuel trim showing. I was told that I may have to replace the computer, but this is mylast resort.

I have emailed the Tech on this forum to see if he knows anything.

He may be able to help you as well.