Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

heres some pics from today....modified the grille

Old 01-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heres some pics from today....modified the grille

took some new pics this morning...heres what i came up with. painted the inside of the grille black, did not like all the 'chrome' that was going on in there.

clear corners and marker lights are in mail, should be here this week so ill update the pics, and tints and lowering this thing is next on the list.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Default RE: heres some pics from today....modified the grille

WOW, Nice looking C70, I want one.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

C70's are hot!!!

Old 01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it needs to be waxed and shined up a bit.
Reg

Old 01-05-2006, 02:23 AM

its a little dirty couse i was driving to the location in the morning and it was raining...u get the point, lol

Old 01-25-2006, 07:32 AM

Sexyyyy

I liked the head lights from can i get like them ??

Old 02-05-2006, 02:02 PM

I cant see the pics!

Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 PM

i cant see pics either .... am curious

Old 02-11-2006, 07:03 AM

I cant tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old 03-11-2006, 05:02 AM

hmmm...i dont know y the pics dont show up anymore. heres what i did to it.

and now i got this:

Old 03-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

I see the new pictures. Nice looking car.

Is it the one for sale on autotrader? I saw one on there for $13,995 that has the headlights changed like yours. and it was red.

I am thinking about trading my 850 R in on a C70. What do you C70 owners think? I am looking at Coupes, not convertibles.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:12 PM
reg

Jim, I truly enjoy the styling of the c70............that is the only reason I purchased it. Mechanics of it however are horrible! It spends a lot of time in the shop. It is a coupe...............as you are looking at. The sun roof shade rattles like crazy and the dealer cannot repair it. The windows leak air at road speeds. The sunroof is noisy (while closed) unless you pull the sun shade to dampen the wind noise. The springs squeak and "clunk". and the list goes on and on. Now, on the plus side, it gets great mileage on regular (I have the 2.3 high pressure turbo) while on the open road..........city mileage is not terriffic. The upgraded radio is probably the best I have ever owned....................absolutely awsome sound with all the up graded speakers that Volvo uses in a tiny auto. Incidentally, I hope you never ever plan on using the back seat as it is impossible to access and there is no leg room.
Reg

Old 03-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

You know what? It's the stereo that really has me interested in this car more than anything else. It has that center speaker on the dash and the rear speakers look like they are about 12 inches. I have not driven one yet, but after reading what you just said, I think I might be better off if I don't. The stereo in the R is real good, but does not look like it compares to what is in the C70. I actually like the looks of the 850 R better too. I'm just having trouble with it and getting tired of trying to figure out what's wrong and putting more and more money into it. Thanks reg.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:58 PM
reg

Jim, it's interesting that you should mention the stereo in the c70. We see so many postings on this site where enthusiasts are enamoured with upgrading the radio in their Volvo. The c70 has up to 14 speakers in it and the 'sub woofer' aspect is incredible! the c70 uses some truly premium speakers that do not degrade. But the part that really sets the radio apart from Bose and Marantz systems is the Dolby Pro Logic option. The sound literaly surrounds you very similar to a Dolby theater. The pro logic is simply incredible and if you play Meat Loaf's track # 9 from his Bat out of Hell..........Back into Hell cd..............you will be a "believer"! The ride is superb on the hi-way and the mileage is in the 30's. The 0 to 60 is exciting and once you pass 25 mph, the traction control quits and you can light up the front tyres! It is a Volvo and not a speed demon but you don't have to 'add' anything to get some performance..............you enjoy the 850R and so you have knowlege of what I mean. It is just the ****ling little things that Volvo did not get right when they screwed this auto together. On top of that, I have the last year of the Marelli ETM and so that plague is hovering above me. The basic structure is OK............indeed, it is nothing more than a 850 chassis and suspension but with some different tuning to the suspension for a tad better handling. Mladen has a sharp auto............mine is silver. I have seen a black one that looks good. They made a tan colour that does not make you want to buy it!!! Incidentally, they are hard to find and my local dealer never sold one because of the low demand. Volvo is known for a "safe" auto and not a sporty mfg. and people just don't gravitate to the marque because they don't realize that Volvo makes a c70. With that said, I flew to Cincinnati to obtain mine. I had seen a silver c70 at the airport in Tampa in 2002 on a Sunday flight back north. By Tuesday I had found a new silver one in Cinci and bought it that Wednesday. Lastly.............(finally?) the c70 with Continental tyres gets exceptional traction in the snow.
Reg

Old 03-15-2006, 09:29 PM

Like you can read above it has its hitches.... especially the windows.... but over all i would not give mine up....about the speakers... i can find 11 anyone know where they are all located... or are multiple speakers under one cover (like the sub covers).....if u want a classy car that turns heads and arent ****.... buy it

akg

Old 03-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

I'm starting another thread. This one makes it too hard to read because of the size of the pictures.