Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

I need a little help... Anyone ever had a door apart, or know anything about it ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a little help... Anyone ever had a door apart, or know anything about it ?

Problem:
I've got the drivers door apart on my 2000 C70, trying to figure out my window up/down issue. It would only go about halfway down, and then i would literally have to grab the glass and pull it up by hand, while pushing the switch in the up position.

Here's what I found:
The pulley system that operates the glass has one pulley, the one on the top/rear of the door that is all messed up, and the cable is off that pulley and is pulled tight in a downward angle.

I figured that it would be as easy as changing that pulley with a new one, and repositioning the cable to have a window that would go up and down the way it should... Well, Not that easy....

Question:
Is that brace that runs the length of the door at the top completely welded in place ? It looks as if the pulley is secured to that brace, and I dont see a way to get it out..

Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks !!

Old 02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jh23job
Problem:
I've got the drivers door apart on my 2000 C70, trying to figure out my window up/down issue. It would only go about halfway down, and then i would literally have to grab the glass and pull it up by hand, while pushing the switch in the up position.

Here's what I found:
The pulley system that operates the glass has one pulley, the one on the top/rear of the door that is all messed up, and the cable is off that pulley and is pulled tight in a downward angle.

I figured that it would be as easy as changing that pulley with a new one, and repositioning the cable to have a window that would go up and down the way it should... Well, Not that easy....

Question:
Is that brace that runs the length of the door at the top completely welded in place ? It looks as if the pulley is secured to that brace, and I dont see a way to get it out..

Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks !!
If you are describing the top portion of inner door it is bolted in place.