Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

I want to upgrade my Intake?? any good recomendations??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to upgrade my Intake?? any good recomendations??

I have the 2.5L turbo C70 and I want to upgrade the Intake..either change the filter or install a cone filter..

Old 03-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Default RE: I want to upgrade my Intake?? any good recomendations??

K&N is probably the best filter.

But the stock system is very very good. There's really no point in getting an aftermarket. Unless you want to hear the CBV pop off a little louder.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:53 PM

which system do you have in your car?? and is it woth it.. can you fell the difference??

Old 03-02-2008, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: DJRUZERS6

which system do you have in your car?? and is it woth it.. can you fell the difference??
I have the stock airbox.

I personally do not think it is worth spending upwards of 125 dollars for an intake (I'm not sure if anyone makes it (EST maybe...), you may have to make it custom) and that's why I don't buy them.

If you got one, you won't feel a difference (if there is one), but with the cone filter, you'll hear your intake sucking in and you'll hear your compressor bypass valve pop off louder.

Edit: Regarding changing to a K&N filter, I don't have that either lol. But from when I was talking to a guy with a V70R, he said it really didn't make much of a difference. Don't expect to feel like you have a brand new car if you do any of these mods...

Old 03-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

None of the available aftermarket intakes are truly worth it.

1. EuroSportTuning (EST) sells a shortram intake. It is nice, but still allows hot engine heat to get into the intake track. I have this kit and it sounds awesome and it looks good under the hood, but you might only see gains of 2-5 Hp max if that.

2. IPD USA, they have a kit similar to EST's so I wont repeat myself from what I have said above.

3. BMC CDA, this is your best bet for an aftermarket intake system. It is fully enclosed and is sold by Viva Performance, but they are out of stock. Contact them for more information and a possible place to purchase them from.

But the OEM intake even though it is restrictive is the best setup period. Slap an OEM paper filter in there and or K&N performance panel filter in there and be done with it. If you go K&N route or other oiled filter route when you clean it and re oil it besure to to over oil.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 PM

Another thing you might think about doing is the intake system (at least on 850s) has a tube angled down that is supposed to keep snow out of the system.

You could remove that piece for slightly better flow. It's doubtful you feel a difference, but it really can't hurt...

Old 03-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

UPDATE

PartsForVolvosOnline sells the BMC CDA intakes, they are based in England and shipping to the states if your in the states would be pricey but it is another option.

Also look into PiperCross intakes. PartsForVolvosOnline sells this brand as well. After looking at the PiperCross kit they offer it isn't worth it. You could spend $20 on a no name cone filter and slap it on your MAF and be done with it.